Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/16/2003 7:21:20 PM EST
Its some kind of us mag for the ar. It doesn't have any markings on the body or floor plate. It does have a hole (on both sides)above the square cut out for the mag release. The mag appears to be blued. FerOrd or pmi?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:44:14 PM EST
AP. PMI magazines do not have an over insertion stamping under the magazine cut (notch)like GI mags. Also all my PMI's have a mag cut on the off side for AR 180's (18's). There seem to be a couple of import? type 40's around also that are soft steel like the cheap Mini14 mags out there. Except for PMI, USA brand 40's and Scherer's 40's are the only U.S made 40's I know of. Scherer 40's have a 180 cut also.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:02:12 PM EST
Does it have 2 holes in bottom side above the FP? If so its most likely a USA mag.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:08:01 PM EST
PMI's also have holes top and bottom. Not all PMI's floor plates are marked with their name either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:31:49 PM EST
the mag does have an over insertion tab thats smaller than that of theGI mags, also the floor plate has one hole. I bought them from JGsales several years ago.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:57:10 PM EST
Top Top