Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 1:01:28 PM EDT
I recently had the opportunity to shot a freinds AR-15 M4 and that sold me on getting my own. Here is the problem that I need help with. I have looked into 3 different AR15 M4's and  I am looking for input on the best deal. all help is greatly appreciated. okay here are my 3 chioces and prices. The first two are local to me and the third has to be shiiped to an FFL. All three are NIB

Colt for $830.00
Armalite for $999.00 (Tan furniture and scope mounting rings included)
Stag Arms left handed model $880.00

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Build your own, always.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i guess you must be left handed or you wouldnt even be considering the stag
+1 on buiding it yourself, but if you just have to have it now my vote is for the colt
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I recently had the opportunity to shot a freinds AR-15 M4 and that sold me on getting my own. Here is the problem that I need help with. I have looked into 3 different AR15 M4's and  I am looking for input on the best deal. all help is greatly appreciated. okay here are my 3 chioces and prices. The first two are local to me and the third has to be shiiped to an FFL. All three are NIB

Colt for $830.00
Armalite for $999.00 (Tan furniture and scope mounting rings included)
Stag Arms left handed model $880.00

Thanks for the help.

What model Colt are you looking at?  Carbine or rifle?  All Colt or mix/match of parts?

If it is a Colt carbine with all factory parts, I'd opt for the Colt.  I still think Colt makes the best AR15 out there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
As I said new to the Ar-15 world but it ia all Colt NIB Carbine. I am right handed but blind in the right eye so I shoot  carbines and rifles left handed. I have had no problems shooting my Beretta Cx4 left handed but I do have to get around to switching it to left side eject one of these days. I heard that with the newer brass deflectors that shooting left handed was not a problem so is the extra cost worth it over the Colt. a.lso I can always get vhe Stag upper down the road iof that becomes an issue. again thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i guess you must be left handed or you wouldnt even be considering the stag
+1 on buiding it yourself, but if you just have to have it now my vote is for the colt

I am very interested in what your experience has been with Stag to make a comment like that.

i think that you took it the wrong way ive had no bad experience at all with stag in fact i just ordered one of the lowers that they are making for denny. I just meant that he must be left handed to be considering a left handed weapon in the first place, that is all

ed: 4sp
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Well the Colt is supposed to be in tomorrow so I head to the gun shop in the morning and see if they came through.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on the config.  Removable carry handle?  SS or chrome bbl?  Some stuff to consider.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You also get a free lifetime membership to the Kolt Kool-Aid Klub with your $830.00 purchase.  Offer not available from other mfrs.  You will like any of them.  Oh yeah, I put in half of the Armalite votes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't want to start another brand war, but out of curiousity have you checked out Rock River Arms? I would strongly recommend you check them out too; take a look at RRA's Entry Tactical, really nice setup. You get a lot of cool features with them: National Match two-stage trigger, star selector, hogue grip....might be some other stuff. I know Pete at ar15sales.com has them for about $850. I would do RRA over any of the others, best value on the market IMHO. However, in the end any of the brands you listed would be okay......I personally really dislike that deer logo on the Stags.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i guess you must be left handed or you wouldnt even be considering the staghave

I am very interested in what your experience has been with Stag to make a comment like that.

i think that you took it the wrong way ive had no bad experience at all with stag in fact i just ordered one of the lowers that they are making for denny. I just meant that he must be left handed to be considering a left handed weapon in the first place, that is allhr

Stag made right handed weapons before they made the left handed AR15....and all I have heard is they are very high quality though lesser known.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Get the Colt, lot of years worth of R&D.

AND

in your case CHEAPER

Thats a very good price on a new in box Colt and I would'nt pass it up, you can always get one of the others for their same price down the road
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#15]
For the price I'd go with the Colt. You could probably turn around and sell it for $200 more if you wanted to do so. That's a very good price for a NIB Colt.

One thing to watch out for is the unstandard Colt pins on the MT (Match Target) lines. It's not as big of a deal as most people make it out to be, but it's nice to know about before you buy it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never seen a NIB Colt that cheap. Has anybody else?

Is there a new lower cost Colt model out there?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#17]

From a customer service stand point, I would think twice about the Colt...my $.02.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]
What model  Colt is it. Regardless that is the cheapest I have heard a NIB Colt go for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Stag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I voted Armalite on the assumption the Armalite was a midlength like most of their carbines, otherwise I'd go Colt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#22]
build one save the money.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
From a customer service stand point, I would think twice about the Colt...my $.02.

Why do you say that?

IF it breaks, you send it to them, they fix it and send it back to you.

Simple.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I went to get the Colt today and it was on back order and they didn't bother to let him know until yeasterday. may take 4+ weeks to get it to him and he was not a happy dealer. Supposedly after all this (and thanks for the input fropm everyone) he has Bushmaster M4 A3 being delivered on Tuesday and believe it or nor a little cheaper than the Colt. It was quoted in writing NIB at $785.00. Any feedback is welcome again.

Thanks for all the help and input  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well I went to get the Colt today and it was on back order and they didn't bother to let him know until yeasterday. may take 4+ weeks to get it to him and he was not a happy dealer. Supposedly after all this (and thanks for the input fropm everyone) he has Bushmaster M4 A3 being delivered on Tuesday and believe it or nor a littl echeaper than the Colt. It was quoted in writting NIB at $785.00. Any feedback is welcome again.

is that like writing
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks I see they have a Spelling and Grammar monitor here for us lousy typist.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

is that like writing

Let's be nice to our new member. I'm sure there is a literature forum out there looking for your useful spelling services
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well I went to get the Colt today and it was on back order and they didn't bother to let him know until yeasterday. may take 4+ weeks to get it to him and he was not a happy dealer. Supposedly after all this (and thanks for the input fropm everyone) he has Bushmaster M4 A3 being delivered on Tuesday and believe it or nor a little cheaper than the Colt. It was quoted in writing NIB at $785.00. Any feedback is welcome again.

Well its no Colt but you should still be ok.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#29]
A Colt at that price is a great deal - IF it's all Colt.  Armalite's a great rifle too, one of the best, but you may want to shop around if you decide to go that route as the price really seems high.

Never experienced a Stag - but love C&A!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
A Colt at that price is a great deal - IF it's all Colt.  Armalite's a great rifle too, one of the best, but you may want to shop around if you decide to go that route as the price really seems high.

Never experienced a Stag - but love C&A!

Are you saying that a Bushmaster M4 A3 NIB at $785 is really high?

Can you post links to lower prices for a Bushy?

Not saying you are wrong but it seemed like a good price to me.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Well just wanted to thank everyone for the input and help. I got my new AR-15 yesterday at the York, PA Tri County gun show. I picked up a NIB Bushmaster carbon 15 M4 with the flat top

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Headhunter13/AR-15002.jpg

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#32]
uh let me know how that works out for ya
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top