Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 10:05:57 AM EDT
I am new to AR's but I recently found a 24" barrel that I was thinking of doing a varmint set up with.  The barrel is stamped with "delta hbar elite"
The gun that i was considering changing is an Oly Arms A-2?
Does anyone know if that barrel would fit that gun. If not does anyone know what the significance of the "delta hbar elite" is?

Thanks,
Keep shooting!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You can put any barrel on your gun, your tastes and the laws are the only limiters.

I dont know what Delta HBAR Elite means.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The barrel can be seen at http://www.natenerd.com/ar15

There are two images in there and you can see the stamp.
Not sure if that will help identify the barrel or not but maybe it is something that not many people have seen?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the 1980's Colt used the Delta name as a marketing gimmick.  I had a Colt "Delta HBAR" AR15 type rifle.  They also made a 1911 style pistol in 10mm that was called the "Delta Elite".  Your barrel appears to be marked "HBAR Elite".  I don't know where you got the "Delta".  I know of no special significance to the "HBAR Elite", but there could be. It certainly is NOT the same barrel as was on my "Delta HBAR". Watch-Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top