Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 2:00:31 PM EDT
Sorry if I missed this question in any previous discussion - I'm looking for a recommendation for a good grip (I'm left handed) that will fill my hand better than the original grip, which is too skinny.  The original grip leaves my hand too close to the trigger.  I'd like to replace it with a fuller grip that would move my hand back away from the trigger, so that my trigger finger contacts the trigger at the finger tip.  Thanks for your help.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm left handed as well, and the best grip I've found so far is the Ergo Grip "Sure Grip" in Ambi format.  Notice how the grip extends up the back of the lower, effectively moving your grip rearward and filling your hand more.

[img]http://www.ergogrips.net/smEgAR.jpg[/img]

It's also available in left handed, if you don't share with any righties.

It's what they use on the SPR.  [:)]

Here's the manufacturer's [url=http://www.ergogrips.net/ar15.html]website[/url] but I've seen them a bit cheaper, and on a more user friendly website, I just don't remember where.

There's also the Fobus G27, but I don't know as yet if it's Ambi or Righty only.  I was coming over here to ask that very question when I saw your post.  It's plastic, and also extends up the lower, but it has more pronounced finger grooves and serrations.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have big paws also. I replaced my stock grips with a "Panther Tactical Pistol Grip". It's ambi and has finger grooves, palm swells as well as an adjustable base. I ordered it from "Cheaper Than Dirt" ($29.95).
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a direct answer, as I'm a righty, but to the follow on questions...  Both the Ergo and G27 can be had in a ambi format.  Not sure on dedicated lefty on the G27.  The rear 'web' of the G27 is thicker than the Ergo, setting your hand back a bit further (about 1/4" by my measurement).  Both the Ergo and G27 put my hand in an excellent position to the trigger, but the G27 makes it difficult to operate the safety/selector, with out twisting my hand on the grip, so for my shorter digits, the Ergo works better.  Also not a fan of the deeper finger grooves on the G27.

Brian
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top