Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/14/2003 5:53:17 PM EDT
i have an ASA upper with a dpms forged lower with .223 internals/hammer. when i pull back on the charging handle it will not cock the hammer and when i try to let the bolt go forward it gets stuck on the hammer i guess. do i need the asa 9mm hammer??? also the mag well adapter will not fit into my mag well, too tight i guess and the bolt catch is out of the way. it did fit into one of my other dpms forged lowers just fine. should i mill out the mag well a little bit??
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:38:05 AM EDT
If your .223 hammer, that your are using right now, has the little step at the top of the hammer face you will need to change to the 9mm hammer or modify the existing .223 hammer at the top. I also found that the RRA .223 hammer is like the original Colt hammer with no step at the top and it works just fine. I don't like to grind on these parts so I buy the parts that will work, this way I still have the originals --but that's just me. As to the magwell adapter problem -- can you just switch the lowers out so the lower that works best with the magwell adapter is your 9mm lower?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:03:50 AM EDT
Ramp your bolt to allow you to use your .223 hammer and ramping saves your lower receiver too! Side by side pic of ramped and non ramped: [img]http://users.zoominternet.net/~picplace/sidebyside9mmbolt.JPG[/img]
Top Top