Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2008 1:22:10 PM EST
ok, sorry, i've read a ton of posts, and just wanted to ask my own question before i ordered.
i think i'm going hahn route for my 9mm block.

it's not going to be dedicated, so looking at either the top load or the bottom load block. is one better than the other? is the only difference bolt hold open? is one more consistent than the other?

do you release the mags with the existing mag release on the lower? are cproducts mags interchangeable with colt mags? is that the best direction to go with mags?

well that's a lot of questions. please give me your feedback on those blocks, or if there is a better direction to go let me know.

thanks, jon
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:30:58 AM EST
anyone?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:36:05 AM EST
The Bottom adapter is the one you want......it has the bolt hold open for the Colt type mags. They use the standard mag catch just like the 223. Colt mags are your best bet, you pay more but you can piss away more than the cost of ammo figuring what mags work. CP mags are hit and miss depending on what 'gen' you get. The newer Promags work ok but they are flimsy at best. I have Colt mags over a decade old kicked and dropped in the dirt and they still work so the price of mags to me is irrelevant in the long term.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:46:58 AM EST
does anyone have a source for colt 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:54:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dingle1911:
does anyone have a source for colt 9mm mags.

Keep your eye in the EE, someone always selling them. That's where I picked up 12 in the last couple months.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:26:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2008 8:30:17 PM EST by lovdasnow]
ok thanks, I'll get the bottom load, and now also need to find some colt mags.
luckily I'll be waiting on a form 1 and a form 4 for this gun, so I'll have time to look.

thanks, jon

also, what is a normal price for the colt mags?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:30:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By lovdasnow:
ok thanks, I'll get the bottom load, and now also need to find some colt mags.
luckily I'll be waiting on a form 1 and a form 4 for this gun, so I'll have time to look.

thanks, jon

also, what is a normal price for the colt mags?

Normally in the 40-60 dollar range depending on condition. You can also try www.botachtactical.com as I did buy some new ones from them for 49.00 a peice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:22:27 PM EST
does colt make 20 round mags? I'm getting a couple 32rd ones, but wondered about a shorter one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:52:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By lovdasnow:
does colt make 20 round mags? I'm getting a couple 32rd ones, but wondered about a shorter one.

Yes they have 20rnd mags also.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:40:11 PM EST
thanks again, ok, so how do i know if the "new colt" mags from botach are real colt or cproducts mags? and does anyone know where to order the 20 rounders?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:53:55 AM EST
Try Tim_FL in the EE, he has 20's & 32's.
Top Top