Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:41:47 AM EDT
I made a ar-15 from model1sales.com with a olympic arms lower on it. Witch came out to be like 500 for the kit and 150 for the lower. My local gun store sells varmit ar15s that are bushmasters for like 1000 dollars. If i was to get a varmit kit from model1sales.com and make it onto a bushmaster lower would i be able to get 1000 for it? Also do bushmaster and model1sales upers have marks on it to say who made them because my ar15 A2 uper doesnt. Only thing that it says on it that may make you know it wasn't a olympic arms gun is that it says on the barrel where it meets the front sight tower M1S and I bet if i showed the guy at the gun store he wouldn't know what it ment. Just a question wondering if i can make some money building AR15s.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:55:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 1:56:58 AM EDT by maxell27]
Not really. Unless you take advantage over people at Gun Shows, most people who are into AR15's know what they are truely worth.

With the advent of the internet, people are just better informed. If you look on Gunsamerica you can see a Bushmaster varminter NIB going for 750 bucks and that is a factory built model. Model 1 sales are not know for their quality.

If I were you and knew people who want one, I would use JT Distributing parts or Delton and then charge someone say 650 bucks since it would cost you 550 to put it together. Plus you can show someone the savings of buying from you.

Just my .02

Max

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:07:51 AM EDT
If you decide to build them soley for sale and profit you might consider getting a FFL first.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:12:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
If you decide to build them soley for sale and profit you might consider getting a FFL first.

Actually, you'd BETTER get an FFL if you want to stay out of trouble.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:16:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:48:52 PM EDT
gunbroker.com

save yourself some cash
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:02:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

That would be a nice legal way to do it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:39:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 1:40:46 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]

would a fiero kit car be worth as much as a lamborghini?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:53:10 PM EDT
What i mean is you cant tell the difference. Well i can't. See the problem is that a A3 uper from model1sales looks and fells 100% like a bushmaster one. I cant get a FFL because im only 16. I think i need to be 18 or 21 to get one right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 7:58:29 PM EDT by YELLOWV]

Originally Posted By 13thWarrior:
What i mean is you cant tell the difference. Well i can't. See the problem is that a A3 uper from model1sales looks and fells 100% like a bushmaster one. I cant get a FFL because im only 16. I think i need to be 18 or 21 to get one right?

The upper isn't where the difference is. The difference is in the bbl. Regardless a parts gun will never be worth as much as a top teir factory rifle. Plus even if you take a Bushy into a gunstore to try and sell it chances are you will receive a low ball offer. Gun shops are known for ripping people off. Both buying and selling guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:58:15 PM EDT
Look A3 upers
model1sales.com- http://model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=UPA300&storeid=1&image=a3a.gif&CFID=150623&CFTOKEN=76859796

Bushmaster- http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/vur.asp

Only difference is price. That is 1 part that no one would know the difference on. only thing you would know the difference on is the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:58:39 PM EDT

I see only bad things in your future...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:00:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:

I see only bad things in your future...

And those are?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:02:41 PM EDT
Receivers are the most unimportant part of a rifle. It is the bbl, bolt and carrier group and LPK that really make the rifle. That is the reason Bushy, RRA, etc. cost more than model 1. They use top notch parts. Model 1 parts dont even come close. You can build a very high quality AR at a good price with parts from CMT, Mega, etc. That will be leaps and bounds above Model 1 but it still wont be worth whata factory Bushy is. However you seem to want to build something and pass it off as something it's not to profit. Maybe you should get an FFL
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:03:03 PM EDT
Keep looking, you will find a good shop eventually. My favorite place is a local shop (Trent's Rental Center in Jonesboro, Arkansas) that has EXACTLY what he wants for each gun on the price tag. I REALLY like that...none of that BS hemming and hawing about prices. This guys prices are reasonable because he can make up in volume lots more than other gunshops make trying to screw folks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:03:13 PM EDT
I don't know if it is just me but it seems like model1sales varmits seem more beefy. The bushmaster rifles look like they use the least amount of medal there varmit rifles dont have bull barrels wel they might but they arnt as thick as the model1sales. They charge more for a smaller barrel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:09:02 PM EDT
My money says Bushy's Hbar fluted varmint bbl is more accurate than Model 1's bull bbl. Bushy also makes a SS bull bbl varmint upper as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:24:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 8:24:34 PM EDT by 13thWarrior]

Originally Posted By YELLOWV:
My money says Bushy's Hbar fluted varmint bbl is more accurate than Model 1's bull bbl. Bushy also makes a SS bull bbl varmint upper as well.

model 1's rifles look better so there.......... Thats why i bought 1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:24:59 PM EDT
If you just want it to look at the Model 1 is the perfect rifle
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 8:31:41 PM EDT by 13thWarrior]

Originally Posted By YELLOWV:
If you just want it to look at the Model 1 is the perfect rifle

This is true.

Ok, SS Barrel (WTF does BBL stand for) Bushmaster SS Uper

model1sales- Model1sales.com's uper

Look i dont mean to act like a dick but dont these just seem the same? (I do mean to act like a dick) only thing i see that is different is that theres comes with a scope mount and they have different hand guards and different front sight towers and/or gas blocks.

Edited: also bipod stud. but you can get that for 10 bucks more at m1s
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:31:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 8:32:01 PM EDT by Couch-Commando]
You sound like you intend to rip people off, by selling M1S parts guns on Bushy recievers as factory bushy guns. Not only is this a rip off scheme, it's illegal too. You can build guns for personal use, but you need an FFL to build guns for intended sale. Don't do it. You will get both average shooters and ATF mad at you.

And another thing, if you buy a gun just to look at it, airsoft might be the right thing for you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:31:50 PM EDT
bbl stands for barrel and just looking at a bbl speaks nothing of it's quality. Bushy makes a fine bbl. Model 1 sales does not. It's like comparing a Kreiger to a DPMS CMP bbl. Yep they are both SS and make look similar but I guarantee the Kreiger will shoot much better.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:34:18 PM EDT
If they are both shaped 100% the same they both will put that little peace of lead in the same exact spot wont they? How can you tell the difference from a model1sales BBL and a bushy? You sure as hell cant fell it and I dont think bush master marks there barrels.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:34:28 PM EDT
Hell w/ M1S your lucky to have your gas port drilled
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:36:28 PM EDT
I dont buy a gun to look at it i shot it... Alot. <-------- Was jokeing about looking at it. It isnt illegal to sell a rifle to a gun dealer with out a FFL a dur. Also it is also legal to sell rifles to anyone or so im told i think it is called a casual sale.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:40:29 PM EDT
if you need to make some back-to-school money, why don't you mow lawns or something? what you are talking about doing is unethical.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:42:47 PM EDT
You really are starting to make yourself sound like a complete moron now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:47:34 PM EDT
Building them for the purpose of resale is illegal. Selling a rifle that you built for yourself but don't want anymore is legal. Get the FFL. A quick buck isn't worth the risk.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:44:19 PM EDT
You're plan/idea to trick people into thinking it is a Bushmaster is just down right wrong. Anyone who thinks about doing that is a piece of shit in my opinion, and does not deserve to be a part of our sport, and that includes any one of the many dealers who do the very same thing. Yes, Bushmaster does mark their barrels, at least mine are. Model 1 Sales is in no way comparable to any of the top manufacturers of the Ar15 or clones. Just because it looks and feels the same doesn't mean it's the same. Quality traits are not always visual, this is very true with mechanical items, i.e. firearms, cars, car parts etc. Go back to high school noone wants to hear your crap here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:40:01 PM EDT
For starters im not trying to trick people into anything. Im trying to get a rifle to be worth the same amount as a bushmaster. I never sell any of my guns and really dont plan on it. Im trying to invest into something that the value will go up and not down. If i go out and buy a tarus 9mm handgun ods are it will be worthless in less then 2 years. Heres a example i bought a 500 dollar rifle for 285 dollars. The rifle has never been fired and it is well it was in mint condition but i used it. If you must know it is a savage model 110 in 270win . Do you think i would ever be able to get more then 285 for it. no
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:50:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
Building them for the purpose of resale is illegal. Selling a rifle that you built for yourself but don't want anymore is legal. Get the FFL. A quick buck isn't worth the risk.

I think your wrong. I think your wrong because you register a lower. How would building onto it make anyone mad? How is that illegal. I don't see the logic behind it being illegal. When the ATF looks up a fire arm they dont care how long the barrel is and what sights it has on it. I think it is illegal to make a lower from a peace of medal then sell it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:02:48 PM EDT
He's not wrong. You are buying parts to build firearms for a specific purpose of resale for profit With out a license that is illegal.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:06:34 PM EDT

For starters im not trying to trick people into anything. Im trying to get a rifle to be worth the same amount as a bushmaster. I never sell any of my guns and really dont plan on it. Im trying to invest into something that the value will go up and not down. If i go out and buy a tarus 9mm handgun ods are it will be worthless in less then 2 years. Heres a example i bought a 500 dollar rifle for 285 dollars. The rifle has never been fired and it is well it was in mint condition but i used it. If you must know it is a savage model 110 in 270win . Do you think i would ever be able to get more then 285 for it. no

Read any post on here about values and you will see kit built guns are never worth as much as top tier factory built. If you want something worth about the same as a Bushmaster then buy a Bushmaster, or Armalite, Colt, Rock River whatever the case may be. If you do not plan on selling then why worry about value? As said before, anyone who knows absolutley anything about Ar15s will know it is not a Bushmaster, but a kit built and will not pay Bushmaster prices.

(which I still do not understand if you say are not planning on tricking people, but you asked if the gunstore people would know the difference and could you sell it for same price as a Bushy, that is tricking people in my opinion)

Even still, the paid value is never the same as resell value, unless maybe you added some pretty expensive accessories like rails systems or ACOG or something like that. Resell is lower on anything cars, guns, horse manure it doesn't matter. I paid 21k for my Chevy truck in Feb, now its worth 15k, nothing wrong with it, still has the new car smell but it is technically used and value is automatically reduced.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:08:43 PM EDT
13thWarrior, Thanks man..............for taking the lead in the "King Dumbass of ARFcom." contest.

I was sure I was gonna win it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:11:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By luckypunk:
13thWarrior, Thanks man..............for taking the lead in the "King Dumbass of ARFcom." contest.

I was sure I was gonna win it.

He seems to be definitley on his way to taking that crown.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:16:48 PM EDT
Question. I got a ar15 model1sales.com ( who would have guessed) Im looking into puting a bushmaster what looks like a m203 but it is a 37mm flare witch cost 200 dollars. Besides looking cool would this do anything when it comes to selling it. Going to reinvest the money into a bushmaster varmit. Also does the weight of the barrel mean anything when it comes to accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:19:22 PM EDT

If they are both shaped 100% the same they both will put that little peace of lead in the same exact spot wont they? How can you tell the difference from a model1sales BBL and a bushy? You sure as hell cant fell it and I dont think bush master marks there barrels.

yes they do
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:26:15 AM EDT

Question. I got a ar15 model1sales.com ( who would have guessed) Im looking into puting a bushmaster what looks like a m203 but it is a 37mm flare witch cost 200 dollars. Besides looking cool would this do anything when it comes to selling it. Going to reinvest the money into a bushmaster varmit. Also does the weight of the barrel mean anything when it comes to accuracy.

Probably not, and why don't you just keep what you got and get your parents to buy the Bushy varminter, or just sell it and add the extra money to it and get your parents to buy it. You are not and I repeat are not going to sell that model 1 sales kit gun for enough money to buy a Bushy, Colt or Armalite out right.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:47:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ManiacRat461:

Probably not, and why don't you just keep what you got and get your parents to buy the Bushy varminter, or just sell it and add the extra money to it and get your parents to buy it. You are not and I repeat are not going to sell that model 1 sales kit gun for enough money to buy a Bushy, Colt or Armalite out right.

I know that. I saw a bushy uper for like 535 or something. I should at least get enough for the uper.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:07:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ManiacRat461:

I know that. I saw a bushy uper for like 535 or something. I should at least get enough for the uper.

That very possibly or at least come close to it. You might would actually come out a little ahead if you parted the rifle out, however do not quote me on that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:32:40 AM EDT
All this logic is overwhelming the long lad. Remember that he is only 16 and can’t legally buy or sell an AR......
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:04:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CFFUTS23:
All this logic is overwhelming the long lad. Remember that he is only 16 and can’t legally buy or sell an AR......

I saw that, but did not feel like pointing that out. Hoping it would just keep getting better. I would imagine by the time it is over with that he actually owns nothing but airsoft, if that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:34:21 AM EDT
model 1 sales marks their barrels as well. M1S right in front of the gas block on the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:42:09 AM EDT
model1sales uppers are marked w/ a M1S on the top of the bbl near the FSB
Top Top