Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/22/2008 12:50:04 PM EST
Guys, I've got an AR with one to two uppers that I take to the range at one time. Is there a soft case that is made for this type of thing or should I get a pelican and cut the foam inserts for a proper fit.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:45:08 PM EST
If you decide on a hard case, be sure to look at the Storm over the Pelican. I think you will find you like the Storm a little bit better. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:43:10 PM EST
+1 for Storm
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:40:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By dukhnt:
If you decide on a hard case, be sure to look at the Storm over the Pelican. I think you will find you like the Storm a little bit better. Good luck.

+2 on that.

I looked long and hard at cases since spending $250 for some plastic and foam could be better spent on buying ammo. The Storm is better made and has much better latches, hinges and handles. I have a Pelican for a few handguns and sometimes those Pelican latches are a bastard to open.

I decided on a Storm a few weeks ago after I was able to compare the Storm and Pelican cases side by side at the range. Then last Sunday I found a Storm 3300 case at a flea market for $30.00. It was military surplus I think, it had foam cut for something other than rifles so I ordered the replacement foam kit for $45.00.

Yes, I know...I got lucky and save a few hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:03:47 AM EST
Thank you all for your help. Hell, with the money I have invested in these things, I might as well get a good case too.

Thanks
Top Top