Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:50:04 PM EDT
Guys, I've got an AR with one to two uppers that I take to the range at one time.  Is there a soft case that is made for this type of thing or should I get a pelican and cut the foam inserts for a proper fit.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you decide on a hard case, be sure to look at the Storm over the Pelican.  I think you will find you like the Storm a little bit better.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Storm
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:40:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you decide on a hard case, be sure to look at the Storm over the Pelican.  I think you will find you like the Storm a little bit better.  Good luck.

+2 on that.

I looked long and hard at cases since spending $250 for some plastic and foam could be better spent on buying ammo. The Storm is better made and has much better latches, hinges and handles. I have a Pelican for a few handguns and sometimes those Pelican latches are a bastard to open.

I decided on a Storm a few weeks ago after I was able to compare the Storm and Pelican cases side by side at the range. Then last Sunday I found a Storm 3300 case at a flea market for $30.00. It was military surplus I think, it had foam cut for something other than rifles so I ordered the replacement foam kit for $45.00.

Yes, I know...I got lucky and save a few hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all for your help.  Hell, with the money I have invested in these things, I might as well get a good case too.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top