Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 8:31:59 PM EDT
Is guat surplus ammo considered corosive? And how can I tell which brands/Mfg are? Is their a list of "Bad Ammo"

G.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Guat ammo is the best I have shot out of both my Bushy 20" and especially my Stag 16".  I don't believe it to be corrosive.  I bought a few thousand rounds of it a while back, shoulda bought more....  I think you'll get similar responses from others as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Guat is not corrosive and IS  good milsurp.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You are not likely to find corrosive 223 anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
****shameless plug*****

I have Guat for sale in the EE!

Maj
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I used some this weekend, fair groups and no issues. But my bore brush came out blue so I was a little concerned.

Just getting into reloading so I'll use the Guat at the gravel pit.

G
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If the brush/patches are blue/green is a good thing as that is copper fouling coming out.Black is powder fouling and if it is ever corrosive primed ammo you fire spray some windex down the bore and in the action right after shooting and when you get home clean it like a black powder gun and check  for rust anyway every couple weks after
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Wolfman. Now I know what to do. G
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#8]
what is good (no corrosion) guat bringing now days? I saw 1440 rds. at a gunshow this weekend and passed on it as I haven't been keeping up with what it was worth now. I haven't even shot 1/3 of what I bought back when AIM was selling it but have not had one issue with it yet out of many AR's.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Guat surplus is some of my favorite ammo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
****shameless plug*****

I have Guat for sale in the EE!

Maj

Saw that, is that the going rate?  If so I have a fortune sitting in my basement.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top