Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:21:46 AM EDT
Hi! We have a law here in Austria, that "assault rifles" must be non-full
auto proof.
How could one make sure that the common ways to convert an Ar15
to full auto will fail- or that the gun will be visibly harmed in the process?
I heard that Colt uses a raised shelf on the Match Target series? Any
pics of that? Will a standard bolt carrier be useable in that?
Any other creative ideas?

Thanks

Cato
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:44:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 10:57:48 AM EDT by MrMurphy]
Im not sure there really are ANY. (post deleted)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:51:32 AM EDT
WTF

IBTL
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:02:31 AM EDT
I must agree with MrMurphy if your bent on doing it than it can be done. My advice is to use a Colt lower, it has larger pins and like you said it does have the shelf. I think the larger pins makes the most difference, but then again anything is possible, BUT it is illegal to do any mods that can render a weapon automatic. I once wasn't paying attention and a friend of mine had a DaeWoo K2 and we were cleaning it for him and generally looking it over and on my bench I had 2 other AR's tore down and accidentally installed the AR firing pin in the K2 and kinda forgot about it, until he called me a few days later saying it was a piece of $h@* and wouldn't work. He brought it over for me to look at, anyway I was busy with the AR's I had just got back together and while he was waiting on my range with me, I installed a clip and pulled the charging handle only to have my AR fire out all 20 rounds in the magazine. After the shock of it all I was wondering what the,,,, I had no control it shot until she was empty. We discovered that his firing pin from the K2 while at a glance looked the same it was actually a little longer, making my AR a uncontrollable open bolt. The Moral here is like MrMurphy said anything is possible but ILLEGAL. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:44:12 PM EDT
Pick up one of the Colt lowers with the sear block and large firecontrol pins. That's about as full-auto foolproof as you will be able to get.
Top Top