Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 12:37:08 PM EDT
OK.   i have read most of the FAQs and can't find these.    i saw a couple of these in a local pawn shop.   manager says they are british sa80 mags, but they have a removeable sticker "Singapore" on them.  ?????
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a Chartered Industries Singapore magazine and I have yet to find any reviews about it.  Someone has to have some pics and comments about it.  Rguns is selling them dirt cheap.

Additional info: Chartered Industries is a defense contractor in Singapre that makes ammunition and small arms, like Norinco in China.  In 1970 Chartered Industries began licensed production of the M16 assault rifle. More than 80,000 M16s were manufactured for the army between 1970 and 1979. In 1976 Chartered Industries purchased the rights to the SAR-80 assault rifle from Britain's Sterling Armament Company. Engineers at Chartered Industries worked with a team of weapons experts at the Armed Forces Training Institute to improve the Sterling design. An estimated 100,000 indigenously designed SAR-80s were produced between 1980 and 1989 for domestic use and for export.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i have seen em and held em ........ 1 thing comes to mind SHITTY......

just my opinion

they probably work but i wont buy a single1......
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have used some of thoes mags in my SP1 and they dont feed properly even after changing the springs and followers. I think all  non aluminum mags are  junk . The steel is thinner than the aluminum and so either the ammo doesnt fit properly or they  dont fit correctly in the gun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Not on the ones I have the brit and singapore grey mags are identical and the same thickness as the aluminum.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
the signapore mags are good as well
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
they are good magazines

just like the ones marked 'england'

got several of each; all feed well
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top