Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:14:17 PM EDT
ordered some black teflon 30rd mags today.....cost 9.95 from mag44....great buy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, I bought 4 30rd and 2 20rd mags on Wednesday and received them today.  Great deal and fast shipping!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
In New York, we are not allowed to purchase such dangerouos stuff.  We are condemned to pay high prices for old mags and then refurbish them.   But if the government says they are dangerous, then they must be.  Too bad you guys don't have such a paternalistic, caring  government looking out for you like we do in NY.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In New York, we are not allowed to purchase such dangerouos stuff.  We are condemned to pay high prices for old mags and then refurbish them.   But if the government says they are dangerous, then they must be.  Too bad you guys don't have such a paternalistic, caring  government looking out for you like we do in NY.  

Sorry to hear that. You could move, you know. It's not as if the NY has locked down the border or anything.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
billclo,

Moving is not an option for me at the moment.   I just ended 28 years of mortgage paying.  Not looking forward to starting that up again.  My job keeps me in NY and at my age, 54, it is not easy finding good jobs that pay what I am now making.   Besides, I don't fit into any "priority hiring proflies".   When I was laid off in 1998 it took nine months before I was able to find a decent job.  

Acre for acre, New York state in one of the most beautiful states in the nation.  It's just that tiny little area in the southeast corner that exercises way too much control over the rest of the state.   But this is a discussion for the hometown section.  

I like restoring old mags and old rifles.  I have even experimented with some of those steel 20 round mags that everyone loves to hate.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What do you mean by old? Not dated? I've got a bunch of 30rd. gi mags I picked up in the early to mid 80's if you want to buy them? Most have never been used because I just keep useing the same two all the time. I like the new teflon coated ones that are out now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Somehow all AR mags with a capacity over 10 rounds must be preban.  I have no idea how this is enforced.  What this means is that no new mags can be shipped into NY.  So buying from mag44 ietc. s out of the question. I doubt that they would even ship these into those states with these types of restrictions.  

What we often get around here are well experienced looking mags with paint worn off etc.   These mags actually work a lot better than they look.  So when I come across these, often in the $15 to $20 price range, I get a few.  These can be Colt, Okay etc.  Lately I have been replaceing the old black folloewrs with Magpul followers after I clean the mags up.    

Lots of people suggest moving, but this is my home so I will stay and fight the fight here.  This fight isn't really that different than an invasion.  Someone is trying to impose their will upon us.  Invading forces do the same thing.  If you home is worth fighting for, then you may have to fight for it in several different ways.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Somehow all AR mags with a capacity over 10 rounds must be preban.  I have no idea how this is enforced.  What this means is that no new mags can be shipped into NY.  So buying from mag44 ietc. s out of the question. I doubt that they would even ship these into those states with these types of restrictions.  

What we often get around here are well experienced looking mags with paint worn off etc.   These mags actually work a lot better than they look.  So when I come across these, often in the $15 to $20 price range, I get a few.  These can be Colt, Okay etc.  Lately I have been replaceing the old black folloewrs with Magpul followers after I clean the mags up.    

Lots of people suggest moving, but this is my home so I will stay and fight the fight here.  This fight isn't really that different than an invasion.  Someone is trying to impose their will upon us.  Invading forces do the same thing.  If you home is worth fighting for, then you may have to fight for it in several different ways.  

good for you! i am so tired of people saying to move when they dont like the gun laws. it is your home and you should stay and fight for a good cause.  if we all move every time a new law gets passed that we dont like we will soon have nowhere left to go. fighting  for a good cause is the American way, running like a coward is not. if you dont fight for your freedoms then you dont deserve them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top