Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:11:38 AM EDT
what type of accesories are available for my ar15 that are reasonable in price, (400bucks per item) i'm looking for a flashlight/laser, a decent scope, and maybe one of those holographic pieces,,,,anyone have pictures that of their ars with a description of what is on it and a general price range for their accessories?

i have an RRA tactical entry

all replies and pics are very much appreciated
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:05:45 AM EDT

If you have $400 for a light, $400 for a scope and $400 for a red dot of some kind, I would recommend prioritizing what you really need and go from there. Without knowing what kind of shooting you are going to be doing, it will be a little hard to recommend anything.

If it were me, I would say that I have $1200 for accessories and go from there.

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:18:28 AM EDT by absit]
Well, since you look like the type to throw money at a weapon without really knowing how to use it, I'd suggest an Aimpoint and some SureFire weaponlight. It's not going to matter anyway unless you take some of that and take some classes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:21:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:23:22 AM EDT by J_Smith]
This would be a good start (not for sale btw) I'd recommend an Aimpoint or EO Tech for optics - quality red dot sights both.......maybe a flashlight if you need it......other accessories on an as-need or as-want basis........Take your time to decide exactly WHAT you want - otherwise you'll end up dumping thousands of dollars into accessories...........I did it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:24:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By absit:
Well, since you look like the type to throw money at a weapon without really knowing how to use it, I'd suggest an Aimpoint and some SureFire weaponlight. It's not going to matter anyway unless you take some of that and take some classes.

Yep, just get an Aimpoint or EOTech with a nice mount and a nice light setup like the Surefire or LDI. Skip the laser and spend the rest on ammo. My .02
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:24:59 AM EDT
The best $1200 you could spend on your rifle would be training and ammo. A trained person with an unaccessorized AR15 will very likely do better than an untrained one with a bunch of rifle bling.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:13:47 AM EDT
i've never taken any classes, but i have trained with a swat team in my home town and i have a close family member that just got back from iraq that is quite knowledgeable about guns, and i usually shoot rifles and other firearms with my local police department, so for now i won't be taking any courses, but i will be taking a handgun course next fall before i will turn 21, even though i already have a handgun carry permit. just for your info
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:50:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 10:52:21 AM EDT by Harv24]
origianlly from benzino

i've never taken any classes, but i have trained with a swat team in my home town and i have a close family member that just got back from iraq that is quite knowledgeable about guns, and i usually shoot rifles and other firearms with my local police department, so for now i won't be taking any courses,

That's like saying I live next to the Airport, so I pretty much know how to fly a plane...

npd233 is dead on. Don't fool yourself into thinking your skill level is higher then average cause of shooting with some guys you think are pretty knowledgable. I can play Golf with Arnold Palmer all day or Shoot next to Rob leatham and still not be any better. You have no idea what you don't know and that is the Number 1 reason to take a class. You fall into the same trap most guys fall into as they think they can do 3 things great
Drive
Sex
Shoot.
Will making your car go faster by $400 make you drive it better??
Do you think adding $400 worth of accessories on you AR make you shoot it better??

Training will help you under stand your needs (Flashlight/laser is a good example)
and the beauty of a class, is lots of these accessories will be on fellow students weapons, so you can see them first hand and try them out (Ask, they 'll let ya) and see if it's really something for you or not, before you pluck down the cash.

A class for training is truly the best accessory a shooter can purchase.
Just my $.02
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:09:28 PM EDT
Thanks GOD people are telling you about training. It can't be stressed enough. I'm actually quite shocked at this reaction, but it's a very good thing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:40:22 PM EDT
Yep. Go to a class. The other accessory no one mentioned are mags. You need mags.

Rich
Top Top