User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 10:02:41 PM EDT
h
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No. no new full autos for civilians since 1986. Sorry. you need to buy a transferable MG. Big bucks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No. no new full autos for civilians since 1986. Sorry. you need to buy a transferable MG. Big bucks.

Or purchase and install an RDIAS (Registered Drop In Auto Sear).....which is also BIG $$$$$.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
FYI big bucks as described above would be about $9500 for a conversion gun or RDIAS up to $20,000 or so for a Colt M16A2 or other rare collectable Colt factory gun.  I went with a conversion gun so I can shoot it and not feel bad about the scratches.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
So, just to confirm. . .

If New Jersey miraculously allowed MGs all of a sudden,
it'd still cost more than my '87 rag top automobile?

Actually, here's an interesting thought-
The .22 cal DPMS uses different bolt than the Colt M16.
It'd prolly be a whole nother kind of operation to get it working like a typewriter.

And what about ranges that have S/MGs for rent?  Does that mean there's $50,000 hanging on the wall?  There must be a catch. . .
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, just to confirm. . .

If New Jersey miraculously allowed MGs all of a sudden,
it'd still cost more than my '87 rag top automobile?

Actually, here's an interesting thought-
The .22 cal DPMS uses different bolt than the Colt M16.
It'd prolly be a whole nother kind of operation to get it working like a typewriter.

And what about ranges that have S/MGs for rent?  Does that mean there's $50,000 hanging on the wall?  There must be a catch. . .

Most ranges use transferables. Some have dealer samples, at maybe 2/3 the cost. A select few have SOTs and can rent out post samples.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Cheap way become a class 2. DO it right and you can build all the MG you wont. Lot of red tap when going class 2. LEO letters ect
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top