Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:14:42 AM EDT
Trying to decide whether to go with an Eotech, an AimPoint or something else entirely.

Given the fact that I wear glasses, have a mild astigmatism, and shoot right handed with a dominant left eye which optics will give me the most / least amount of trouble?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:39:45 PM EDT
I have pretty bad astigmatim. I find the EOTech reticle very dificult to use w/o my glasses because of the 65moa ring, It's sweet wtih my specs though. The Aimpoint uses only a 4moa dot with naturaly distorsts less with my bad vision. I would recomend the Aimpoint over the EOTech if you ever plan on shooting w/o glasses, like a SHTF weapon. My experience is limited with magnified optics, hopefully someone else will chime in about them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:35:15 PM EDT
I wear corrective glasses and have astigmatism (corrected, however).  The Aimpoint and EOTech both work fine for me.

I am not cross-dominant, however.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:15:29 PM EDT
Ditto on the problems with an Eotech an Asitgmatism, it look s"smeared" or "starbursted" somewhat on the outer 65 moa ring.  I have had good luck with my OKO red dot- very clear dot even with my astigmatism.
Top Top