Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:14:42 AM EDT
Trying to decide whether to go with an Eotech, an AimPoint or something else entirely.

Given the fact that I wear glasses, have a mild astigmatism, and shoot right handed with a dominant left eye which optics will give me the most / least amount of trouble?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have pretty bad astigmatim. I find the EOTech reticle very dificult to use w/o my glasses because of the 65moa ring, It's sweet wtih my specs though. The Aimpoint uses only a 4moa dot with naturaly distorsts less with my bad vision. I would recomend the Aimpoint over the EOTech if you ever plan on shooting w/o glasses, like a SHTF weapon. My experience is limited with magnified optics, hopefully someone else will chime in about them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear corrective glasses and have astigmatism (corrected, however).  The Aimpoint and EOTech both work fine for me.

I am not cross-dominant, however.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the problems with an Eotech an Asitgmatism, it look s"smeared" or "starbursted" somewhat on the outer 65 moa ring.  I have had good luck with my OKO red dot- very clear dot even with my astigmatism.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top