Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:14:52 AM EDT
I bought a Bushmaster gas piston retrofit system recently, I like it alot and have had no real problems with it. I do have some concerns and questions, I hear about carrier tilt and bolt wear alot, will this system do that to my gun parts? and what is the life of an AR with this system? will it ruin my rifle in a short amount of time? if so I will probably just go back to the DI system and deal with a dirty gun, as I have noticed no real benefit except that it runs cleaner
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
well I removed the system, I read some stuff from several sources, the rifle is not designed for that type of system, the bolt and carrier will wear quickly, I like the DI system and think the piston is good....but seems to be a fad. I have been to iraq 3 times and used the M4/m16 and have never had a malfunction, while the old POS SAW i had in 04 jammed up alot!!!! even after cleaning it ALL THE TIME!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
the CMMG kit has "pads" machined onto the carrier body to fight the tilting your talking about, i'm also you of the guys reading up all i can on the piston conversion systems. i would like to try one sometime in the future
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at the CMMG kit and the adams, they seem to be the best, its smart to do your research.....wish I had, I bought the ARES/bushmaster kit, it works but i worry about the long term effects of use so I removed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top