Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:35:53 PM EDT
How do I do it? I want to install a collapsable stock and tube. It currently has a full length
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:26:04 PM EDT
Remove buffer and spring.

Remove stock.

Remove buffer tube.

Find buffer pin and spring that shot across the room.

Install car stock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:39:27 PM EDT
but how do I actual get the buffer tube loose the bastard is very tight. My Pliers caused some damage so I gave up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:54:53 PM EDT
Got a strap wrench?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:16:43 AM EDT
i can't get mine off either. did rock river weld some post bans or what?! is it reverse thread?!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:44:34 AM EDT
I need help with this to
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:49:44 AM EDT
What do you guys need help with? They are just tight sometimes. Remove the old stock/screw/car/castle nuts... so all that is left is the buffer tube screwed into the receiver. It is standard threads. Sometimes they are tight, so you might have to put the receiver in a vise (careful.... not too tight and protect it from being scratched) and then unscrew the tube, and dont be afraid to put some muscle in it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:30:10 AM EDT
Steps to remove an A1 or A2 fixed stock and receiver extension, once the upper and lower receivers are separated:

1. Unscrew the buttstock retaining screw, on top rear of the buttstock. Use the right size bit in your screwdriver. If it won't budge, it's locktited, you need to apply heat. I suggest using the clean tip of a soldering iron to melt the locktite.

2. At the buttstock comes straight off to the rear, take care to catch the detent spring from the right-hand side of the receiver.

3. Remove the buffer and spring out the front of the receiver extension by depressing the buffer retainer detent.

4. Using the right size crescent wrench or an adjustable wrench on the nut-shaped nub on the rear, inscrew the receiver extension tube. Alternatively, you can put the nub flats in a vice and twist the pistol grip the correct direction.

If it won't budge, apply moderate heat from a heat gun.
Top Top