Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 9:55:41 AM EDT
I was told to use dry lube on my ar cause im  going to be using it in freezing weather this winter so it wouldnt freeze up .Have you all heard of this and what do yall use in freezing weather.And does the cold effect your guns?      thanks JOE
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
"Break-Free CLP® was designed to repel water and dirt and prevents corrosion, keeps weapons combat ready and functional in steamy jungles, dust-blown deserts, salty air of sea and coast, and [b]cold and icy climates of winter and the Arctic[/b]."

From their own web-site, I mean, how cold does it get down there in Florida? joeblaster

I'd slap the the guy that told me that, 'cus he don't know what he's talkin 'bout.

I use Dry-lube in the sandy, dusting environs, not 'cus it's cold.

Mike

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
There are easily 5+ topics ON THE FIRST PAGE ALONE on what lubricants to use (and some specifically about cold environments) between the Troubleshooting, Build It Yourself and Maintenance & Cleaning forums.  Do some browsing, searching and reading before you ask the same question for the 20th time in a month.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top