Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/7/2006 9:27:14 AM EST
i'm going with a ff handgaurd, fold down sight. question: what company's offer an end cap with thier hand gaurd???? some sort of cap/cover would be a nice finishing touch.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:48:16 AM EST
yankee hill machine

brightflashlights in the industry forum offers yhm products and is grade when it comes to customer service.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:03:29 PM EST
+1 on the Yankee Hill Machine products. I bought my end cap from BrightFlashlights and they were great to deal with. It was my first build and I did all of the research on this site. All of the vendors here are great to deal with. Let me know if you have more questions.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:50:25 AM EST
On a build using a PRI carbon fiber free float tube, I used a round carbine handguard cap to cover the open end.

It fit great, and did not touch the inside of the tube, so no interference with the barrel was created. My thought was to keep crap like branches (think Mesquite thicket and brush choked dry river banks) from sticking in the large front opening of the free float tube.

Later, the realities of properly positioning the barrel gas port and gas opening in the FSB/block in exact alignment determined that I needed 0.060 between the barrel shoulder and gas block...which allowed the front handguard cap to rattle, drove me crazy, and it was removed...

Top Top