Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:27:14 AM EDT
i'm going with a ff handgaurd, fold down sight. question: what company's offer an end cap with thier hand gaurd???? some sort of cap/cover would be a nice finishing touch.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
yankee hill machine

brightflashlights in the industry forum offers yhm products and is grade when it comes to customer service.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Yankee Hill Machine products.  I bought my end cap from BrightFlashlights and they were great to deal with.  It was my first build and I did all of the research on this site.  All of the vendors here are great to deal with.  Let me know if you have more questions.

-JZ
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
On a build using a PRI carbon fiber free float tube, I used a round carbine handguard cap to cover the open end.

It fit great, and did not touch the inside of the tube, so no interference with the barrel was created.  My thought was to keep crap like branches (think Mesquite thicket and brush choked dry river banks) from sticking in the large front opening of the free float tube.

Later, the realities of properly positioning the barrel gas port and gas opening in the FSB/block in exact alignment determined that I needed 0.060 between the barrel shoulder and gas block...which allowed the front handguard cap to rattle, drove me crazy, and it was removed...

Paladin
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top