Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/7/2005 1:39:10 AM EDT
i was charging a round into my Colt match target HBAR from the factory 9 round magazine. The frangible round jammed and the tip of it broke off. Is this because of the magazine, or is the frangible ammo known for this? maybe I just need to field strip and oil the parts of the gun
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:42:23 AM EDT
Lemme guess, PMC Frangible?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:26:21 AM EDT
Throw that piece of junk factory magazine away and get yourself some decent 20 & 30 round USGI mags, supect your feeding problem will vanish.

Mike

ps - the two that came w/ my new Colt wouldn't feed squat, much less frangibles, as dad bought the same rifle he got two of the same, we pitched that garbage the day we got 'em

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:13:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By a320az:
Lemme guess, PMC Frangible?

Yep, it was made by TTI Armory on PMC brass.

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
Throw that piece of junk factory magazine away and get yourself some decent 20 & 30 round USGI mags, supect your feeding problem will vanish.

I thought it was the magazine, i need to get some better mags. The 30 rounders I have are not USGI, they have a black follower and I also have 2 orlites. Mags make a big difference, my .223 AK kept jaming the bullet into the case and ejecting a live round with the spent one with the two waffle mags i had. Then I got the regular steel magazine for it and it worked perfect.
Top Top