Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/23/2004 5:09:50 PM EST
Where can I get a set of free-floated handguards which still look like normal A2 handguards?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:12:19 PM EST
bushmaster has them in their catalog and probably online.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:58:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 8:30:07 PM EST by FishKepr]
I think what you're looking for is a DCM/CMP type float tube.  It goes underneath a set of A2 type handguards.  There are a number of manufacturers for these.  I like the Rock River tube as it places the sling swivel in the normal location using a little extension off the cap.  Others use a second swivel mounted directly beneath the cap, which in theory is stronger, but in practice the extended swivels are usually strong enough.

To install one, you need the appropriate tools or take it to an gunsmith with AR experience.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:44:00 PM EST
You can also check with Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:04:34 PM EST
I like the Armalite Fiberglass Free Float (with a Harris bi-pod)..
Top Top