Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2004 4:28:49 AM EDT
Ok,  If I get an a-3 flat top upper, Why do they come with the front sight post?  

Doesn't that just get in the way of a scope?  

I understand that you can get a rear sight and use it with the front post, but why don't they sell flat tops with collapsable front posts?  I guess cost?

How easy is it the remove that post and put a collapsable front sight on the barrel?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
With a good scope you won't even notice the front site base.  With any other type of optic you can use the front site post to "co-witness" (kind of back/confirm up your optic).  You can also quickly mount the carry handel with sites, for regular iron sites or add on a flip up back up iron site.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get a flat top with just a railed gas block. Then you have the option of mounting a fold down unit or a normal type FS.

With an non magnificationtype scope such as a EOtech it is in the sight picture. I dont like it so I have a flip up type sight mounted on the gas block in front and rear just in case the optic fails
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
With the Eotech the front sight base is in the sight picture, but not a problem.  Besides, with the Eotech, you should not be squinting through the window.  You use the Eotech with both eyes open.   The front sight base is not a factor.

With a scope, the front sight base is just not visible.  You just cannot see it.  Strange but true.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top