Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2004 4:28:49 AM EDT
Ok, If I get an a-3 flat top upper, Why do they come with the front sight post?

Doesn't that just get in the way of a scope?

I understand that you can get a rear sight and use it with the front post, but why don't they sell flat tops with collapsable front posts? I guess cost?

How easy is it the remove that post and put a collapsable front sight on the barrel?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:41:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2004 5:36:14 AM EDT by Halfcocked]
With a good scope you won't even notice the front site base. With any other type of optic you can use the front site post to "co-witness" (kind of back/confirm up your optic). You can also quickly mount the carry handel with sites, for regular iron sites or add on a flip up back up iron site.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:26:05 AM EDT
You can get a flat top with just a railed gas block. Then you have the option of mounting a fold down unit or a normal type FS.

With an non magnificationtype scope such as a EOtech it is in the sight picture. I dont like it so I have a flip up type sight mounted on the gas block in front and rear just in case the optic fails
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:47:58 AM EDT
With the Eotech the front sight base is in the sight picture, but not a problem. Besides, with the Eotech, you should not be squinting through the window. You use the Eotech with both eyes open. The front sight base is not a factor.

With a scope, the front sight base is just not visible. You just cannot see it. Strange but true.
Top Top