Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 12:17:40 PM EDT
I know the aparent differences,but don't know the internal differences. I was lookin at hydraulic buffers and you cant get one to wrk for fixed telestock if its for collapsable stock. Same as original stock and collapsable stock. Did they make internal like original fixed stock on the fixed telestock? I got BM fixed telestock on my m4 know.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You better hurry up and switch to a normal buttstock. Fixed telestocks are only made for retards and for people who leave the dealership sticker on the back of their automobiles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You better hurry up and switch to a normal buttstock. Fixed telestocks are only made for retards and for people who leave the dealership sticker on the back of their automobiles.

I disagree. When I got my first AR, a post-ban Bushmaster M4 I really liked the looks of the rifle because of the fixed telestock. IMHO there's nothing wrong in improving the looks of your rifle with these fixed telestocks.

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd also disagree. The fixed telestock is lighter, and gives you more sling attachment options. Looks neat, too, but this is a fringe benefit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh please... You keep telling yourselves that. There are so many better options. It is completely tasteless to have something that only pretends to be useful. Same goes for those pussy muzzle brakes.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/stocks.msnw?pgmarket=en-us
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
toepooper,
  please enlighten us with a picture of your rifle so we know what they are supposed to look like.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]
To get back to the original topic;  The Bushmaster fixed Tele-style stock uses the same A2 buffer and buffer spring as the A2 stock.  I'd be surprised if the same hydraulic buffer that works in an A2 stock doesn't work in a Bushy tele-styled stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#7]
What comes to 'toepopper'...I smell a I might be wrong...hmmm..I don't know.

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
toepoper,
 So your calling at least half of the people on AR15.com retards and pussies, yes we do take offense to this type of actions by other board members, in the future you may want to keep any flaming contents to yourself. I do see that your a to the board so lets keep it peaceful. And if your joking specify you are(I don't think you are), so we don't get all pissed at you. Here's your spanking , lets play nice on the board. Cursing on the board isn't kind either, especially when it's as vulgar as the 'P' word.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
toepoper,
 So your calling at least half of the people on AR15.com retards and pussies, yes we do take offense to this type of actions by other board members, in the future you may want to keep any flaming hat to the board so lets keep it peacefulhink, lets play nice on the board. Cursing on the board isn't kind either, especially when it's as vulgar as the 'P' word.

I never actually said anyone was a retard or a pussy. A retard was merely one of the possible owners of a fixed telestock. There is nothing wrong with having Down's syndrome. And the pussy comment was directed towards muzzle breaks, not the owners of themselves. However, I do think that there would be a strong correlation between owning a fixed telestock and having a dealership sticker on the back of your vehicle. Since both are completely tasteless.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Personally I much prefer the A1 stock to anything else that is offered.  I tried the faux telestock and indeed it is a bit lighter and does offer the extra attachement point.

But it is LONGER than the A1 stock, that coupled with its slightly lighter weight gives the rifle an ungainly muzzle heavy feel (and this is WITH and M4 profile barrel - I'd hate to try it with an HBAR).

The muzzle brake thing is completely uncalled for (especially as the A2 FS are called 'compensators' by the military and have some function in reducing muzzle rise).  Guys with 14.5" post ban barrels have very little choice in permanent muzzle attachments?  What would be better a completely useless faux FS or a somewhat useful muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I doubt Toepopper (or maybe "Bouncing Betty" would be more accurate) has ever shot in any type of action rifle competition or else he'd recognize the importance of those wimpy muzzle breaks.

As for stocks: USE WHAT YOU LIKE!  I prefer the standard A2.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I doubt Toepopper (or maybe "Bouncing Betty" would be more accurate) has ever shot in any type of action rifle competition or else he'd recognize the importance of those wimpy muzzle breaks.HAT

You got me Scoop. My guns are only for killing. And you have a point. Pussy breaks can be useful. As long as you don't have a fixed telestock I guess you are alright.

Sincerely,
Betty
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree with forest, getting an A1 stock with A2 butt plate is the best way to set up a post ban rifle.  the fixed collaspible stcok are neat looking, but it really don't serve any added tactical purpose. If I were to set up a post ban rifle, i would go with the A1 which give you a good LOP, plus the comfort of the full stock, also it is a wee bit lighter then an A2.  but for the look of a cool M4, the fixed stock is definitely the way to go.  Getting a A2 look like muzzle brake will also add to the effect of a cool looking M4.  As far as the recoil is concern, 223 really don't have too much recoil.  I can see a recoil compensator on a 308, but 223 is really not that neccessary.  everyone like to set up there rifle of their own purpose or liking, nothing is useless or pointless, as long as the own is happy, heck they put fur around their stock for all I care.  I just won't stand too close to them that is all. :)
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I vote for the Ace Ltd. ARFX stock - doesn't try to be a "collapsable-looking" stock, yet still looks much better on a carbine than the A2.  Plus, it's strong and sturdy as all hell and gives some extra sling mounting options.

As far as brakes go:  I like to ACCURATELY hammer a target as fast as I can, so anything that enhances a weapons controlability is a plus in my book (that goes for inertial/pneumatic buffers, different grips, vertical front grips, etc).
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I switched the A2 stocks on my two postban Bushmasters for the Ace ARFX.

I miss the storage space of the A2, but the ARFX is as sturdy, if not more, than the A2.

I also like the slightly shorter length of the ARFX, which I believe is about the same as an A1 stock.  I use it without a buttpad.

BTW, I've got KKF A3 Tac Brakes on my AR's, and am very pleased with their performance, and appearance too.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm with toepopper on this one.

Fake telestocks are just that.
Fake.
It's like putting a bad hairpiece on your rifle.

"Fixed" telestocks lack integrity.
They're phony.

Why degrade something as perfect as an AR?

Go with an A2, A1, or ACE stock.
Or pay the extra cash for a preban.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm with toepopper on this one.

Are you sure you want to claim that?

You may have the same viewpoint, but your delivery of that viewpoint doesn't leave you "looking" ANYWHERE near the same as he/she looks.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy Hijacks, Batman.

Anyone want to try and answer the poor guys question?
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah.....!

The Bushmaster fixed telestock has a full length buffer tube.  So yes, it is the same internally as the A2 stock.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#20]
I take it that since there are alot of people who are offended by my comments that there are quite a few tasteless people reading this crap that I am typing. I know the truth hurts sometimes. But it is not too late to change. Throw away your fixed telestocks. Or better yet, sell them to some other potentially tasteless person. Then all you have left to do is to peel the dealership sticker off the back of your car and you will be on your way to becoming a respectable person.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

HEY SQUMBAG ,I LOVE MY FATORY NEW A2 ARMALITE WITH PIND STOCK
P.S. RETARD!!! MINE WAS $782.10 OUT THE DOOR!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#22]
You know, I used to agree with toepopper on the fact that fixed telestocks were sort of stupid, until I bought a rifle with one attached.  Thought about changing it out, but ended up kind of liking it.  I have an a1 and a2 stock that I could put on it, but why bother.  The stock works, its not uncomfortable, and plus I am not so shallow and snobbish to worry what my rifle looks like.  So ya toepopper you're an evil gun snob, shame on you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree with what toepopper said.  Just not the way he said it...

I like the Ace and A2.

However, this discussion has nothing to do with internal differences.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I found oet that olympic says there hydraulic buffer will not work,according to them. I also called aac or the one who had them for m16 and they said same thing,theres only for collasapble and fixed-yhink that what they said, olympic says i think only on fixed stocks. Sometimes i wonder if they know what there talking about. If it same setup as a2 stock,but different bugger than collasable, then why it not work? Advanced armamentis the one i was thinking of,they are inbrownels and shotgunnews,think unser madness  something another.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#25]
My Bushy 16" fluted HBAR flattop sits upon a preban Colt 6601 lower with an A2 stock.  I have a Colt M4 telescoping on my lightweight, but much prefer the full stock for shooting, scooting, whatever.  It appears and feels much sturdier and provides a better shooting position for ME.  If I wore body armor, I might have a need for the telescoping stock.  I mean, don't you just trim only 4" or so off O/A lenght with the telestock?  Also, I've had finicky shorties act up with the short tube for some reason.  NEVER had the same problems with the full tube.  In any event, I say to each his own and if you like the telestock, fixed faux telestock, or whatever, then that's your preference.  Fortunately, the AR system allows a wide range of options so that we can equip our respective systems to our individual taste.  I guess my taste is a tad M1 Garand-vanilla as my big breakout techno AR move was a eotech 552!  
Good shooting ya'll,
Cleophis
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#26]
The Hydraulic Buffer WILL work for the Bushmaster/RRA fixed telestocks that use the full length buffer assembly.

It will not work for those that use the shorter CAR buffer assembly.

However the real question is: WTF would anyone want one?  The current buffer & spring work fine and are perfectly reliable - why introduce an unknown and possibly effect reliability?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Full sized A2 stocks look and feel natural on a 20 inch rifle. The CAR/M4 stock, fixed or not, looks more appropriate on a 16 inch or shorter weapon. Of course, either one will work. Use which ever one trips your trigger.

Panzer out
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Besides all the other things its post to do, it post to get rid of the twang and vibration feel,the springy noise. Thats why i was interested in one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Hydrolic buffers will end up leaking.  If you want to get rid of the noise coat your spring, buffer tube and buffer with a thin layer of Tetra grease and there will be no more noise.  Clean it out every 1000 rounds or so and reapply.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#30]
What I find hilarious about these kinds of threads are the way people case on the "Phony" tele-stocks but NOT the useless M4 profiled barrels! Talk about worthless (only 14.5" that heats up like a furnace), and if you don't plan on mounting a Flare launcher (just about the most useless accessory ever devised) then what's the point??? LOL
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What I find hilarious about these kinds of threads are the way people case on the "Phony" tele-stocks but NOT the useless M4 profiled barrels!

Uh oh... You have to realize that many of the people who visit these message boards are sensitive and may get offended by comments such as this. That being said, it may be true that people who buy M4 profile barrels without actually owning an M203 grenade launcher most likely have some form of chromosomal defect. I think this may also apply to people who have a bayonet lug on a dissipator barrel. But, the problem behind owning a fixed telestock is primarily a matter of class.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Toepopper (and AKM)-

I have a Bushy M4 with BOTH the fixed telestock and the M4 profile barrel - and I don't take offense to your comments.  However, I DO take offense when a member posts an honest question, and then a fucking troll like yourself jumps in and destroys the man's thread.  Here's a suggestion: if ypu can't answer the question in a polite or helpful manner, then KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT OPINIONS TO YOURSELF AND DON'T POST!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Here's a suggestion: if ypu can't answer the question in a polite or helpful manner, then KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT OPINIONS TO YOURSELF AND DON'T POST!!!!

Hey JerseyGunny,

Thank you for the nice comments. I always make it a point to be both polite and helpful.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#34]
The question:

Orginally posted by Bravo2:
I know the aparent differences,but don't know the internal differences. I was lookin at hydraulic buffers and you cant get one to wrk for fixed telestock if its for collapsable stock. Same as original stock and collapsable stock. Did they make internal like original fixed stock on the fixed telestock? I got BM fixed telestock on my m4 know.

Your response:

Quoted:

Real polite and helpful.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#35]
As to the M4 profile, HB, whatever, ya'll take a look at fluting if you aren't launching grenades.  Lighter, and it really does cool quicker...noticeably so.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I am utterly amazed at the "Thin-skin" most gun owners display! The point I was TRYING to make was fake Tele-stocks and M4 barrels are ALL ABOUT COSMETICS and nothing more. I just find it strange how people case on the tele-stocks (which perform all most as well as a fixed stock) and not the M4 barrels (which perform WORSE then most heavier profiles). I guess it all comes down to what's important to YOU....looks or function!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I patially agree.
However, in defense of the M4 barrel...

It works.  If you wanted to mount a tube to it...
You could.

The "fixed telestocks" are just fake.
False.
PURELY cosmetic.
Without function.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top