Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2004 1:48:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 1:49:10 PM EST by dakotasin]
first things first... the digicam batteries are dead, so no pics. sorry.

16" flash suppressed, chrome lined, flat-top, h-bar upper finally arrived today (model 1). i went ahead and put it on my stag arms lower (armalite lpk), and 6-pos rra collapsible stock (legal transfers). gotta admit, all this talk about stag being too tight and ill-fitting parts (m1) and all that really had me worried. but, the upper attached to the lower just fine, and the pins slid in. there is zero wobble in it - not sure that that's such a good thing... the bushmasters i've handled had some wobble. dunno...

unfortunately, it is very windy and rainy here... and, the rings i had laying around are too short for the scope. so, no road tests today... probably get another set of rings tomorrow, and weather permitting, i'm gonna take it for a drive.

thanks for all the help on this site. without it, i surely would never have attempted this, and i most certainly would still not have an ar, nor would i want one. thanks, fellas!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:05:07 PM EST
My Wal-mart carries Leupold "extra-high" rings for $15. They look good and work great on my flat-top, the perfect height. I believe they only carry 1" rings though. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:05:18 PM EST
ahh, i forgot about good ol' wal-mart... i was headed to cabela's to get some appropriately sized warnes, but i'm sure the leupold rifleman rings will work. thanks!
Top Top