Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 5:59:05 PM EDT
Got an LMT upper, the transition between the upper and the barrel extension where the cuts are, has a little catch on both sides. It is very minor. The first time I tried to manually cycle rounds it jammed . Took it out and fired 30 rounds of PMC brass and 30 rounds of Tula, it fed and ejected perfectly, never missed a beat.

Am I being to picky?  Just cant get it out of my mind.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I blend mine with a Dremel CAREFULLY! If it shoots well, I'm sure its no big deal. I'm just picky.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as function is not impeded leave it.I will say BCM M4 marked uppers and Colt barrels mate perfectly with the ramps.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
If there's no negative result from shooting then there's not really a valid concern. Leave it as is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Am I being to picky?  Just cant get it out of my mind.

Yes.  Manually cycling anything through an auto loader tells you nothing about how it will really work.  And when people use LIVE ammo to do this, it's a negligent discharge waiting to happen.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top