Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:31:12 PM EDT
found this on gunbroker 840 rounds and the reserve isnt even met at 300, seems freakin steep !

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=70436858
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
CDT runs that fishing expedition every week.

$399 on their website... www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM222-48136-66.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
These prices make sick ,I'll probably sell em all before i pay anywhere near those prices.
The last i bought was Guat at 6.60 per 30 and that was too much.
150.00 per K of Golden Tiger is where i'm at now or .22LR
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
IF you don't want to pay the price then don't. One thing is for sure though and that is the price won't be dropping.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
IF you don't want to pay the price then don't. One thing is for sure though and that is the price won't be dropping.

I recall a real estate broker telling me the same thing a couple of years back. They may not be "making any more land", but thats not the case with 5.56
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Lake City 308 173g LONG RANGE MATCH Ammo 20 rd box
lake_city_m118.JPG

Price: $35.99
Manufacturer: Lake City
Manufacturer Item #: M118
Impact Item #: XM118
In stock, ships in 48 hrs.

[Add to Cart] [Add to Wishlist] [View Cart]

Never before offered, new Lake City 308 ammo.
173 grain HPBT Match bullet. 20 rds per box
Not reloaded or remanufactured, this is the M118 Long Range USGI ammo.
Headstamps we looked at were 2001 (01), and marked LR (long range).

Just in case anyone wants Mil Surp for 1.80 a round.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I recall a real estate broker telling me the same thing a couple of years back. They may not be "making any more land", but thats not the case with 5.56

Well we have 2 wars going on and a large number of new shooters everyday joining the sport. With production at full capacity one has to accept that militery stocks are not at pre war levels so even if the wars ended tomorrow the military would still be restocking and there would still be less of it out there.

I also don't see the price coming down simply because the products to produce and ship the ammo are not going to drop thus get it while you can at any price. I know it hurts but if you stop shooting because of price then your skills diminish.

I too whish I could pay$2.50 for a box of 20 and I also would like to pay $0.19 agallon for gas but I know those days are gone forever and if I want to drive then its $3.00 a gallon for gas and if I want to shoot its $7.95 for a 20 round box of XM193.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I recall a real estate broker telling me the same thing a couple of years back. They may not be "making any more land", but thats not the case with 5.56 have
I also don't see the price coming down simply because the products to produce and ship the ammo are not going to drop thus get it while you can at any price. I know it hurts but if you stop shooting because of price then your skills diminish.

I too whish I could pay$2.50 for a box of 20 and I also would like to pay $0.19 agallon for gas but I know those days are gone forever and if I want to drive then its $3.00 a gallon for gas and if I want to shoot its $7.95 for a 20 round box of XM193.

I totally agree about the war and the new shooters. Since the AWB sunset I think you have had a huge number of people getting into shooting all the military calibers. And most want a SHTF stockpile too...

But war consumption will eventually slow, and there are so many countries (80? 100?)shooting 5.56 that the surplus will eventually come in too. 7.62x39 already seems to be stabilizing in price despite the millions of AK's in the world. Wolf is filling those needs and stil manages to send the US civilian market AK ammo and a ton of 5.56. Not to mention how many people are getting into reloading.

I think this is mostly panic-driven demand. Some of the political fears about a possible Democrat 2008 win have been reduced this past week. 10 years ago, they would have covered themselves in blood trying to hype the tragedy at VT for gun control. This time, the comments from the frontrunners have been very muted.

My main point was that this reminds me a lot of real estate prices, where people only a couple of years ago were being told to buy NOW or be priced out forever. The "for sale" signs are up these days and the properties still sit for months. The houses are the same, and there is still the same amount of land, but the market's view has totally changed. I see a lot of the same issues in the 5.56 ammo market today.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem using real estate is real estate runs in cycles. ON the other hand we are talking about the right to own a weapon and shoot it. It doesn't run in cycles unless you are talking election cycles. I would bet if there had not been a sunset provision in the original AWB legislation it would still be in place today. After all the republicans had chance after chance to remove said law from the books and did nothing. Simply they don't care except at election time. Thus we should always remain vigilant when it comes to our rights as no one other then us will ever stand up for them. One should always remember that unless you demand and exercise your rights those very rights will disappear forever. Every gun purchase, every ammo purchase, every gun club/org membership and every associated purchase makes it that much harder to take our rights away. These purchases are celebrations of the 2nd Amendment and indicate that we are a viable and important economic force that should not be messed with in any manner or form. That also applies to the NRA when it bargins our rights away bit by bit.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top