Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 11:14:23 PM EDT
whats the scoop on e.a. preban lowers are they any good? also what company bought e.a. up
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
EA no longer exists. I have one here now. The finish is rough, it makes a funny noise when you brush it, and it looks rough. Looks like it will work though.

Want to buy mine? SEBR forces sale.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 of those receivers I bought when they were still in business.  They seem to be within spec pretty good because all parts and uppers fit and function just right.  I have used them constantly with no probs.  I think they are cast by the look of them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Investment cast.... Rumor has it Rugar did the work for them...

DPMS bought them out....
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger did some of the investment castins, others were done by... well others.  The Ruger ones have all marking lining up nicely... the other maker had the lettering kind of haphazard...  Between my roommate and I we have three EA preban ARs...  I think they work just fine and can be had for less than a name brand.  As far as the casting... well, I stumbled upon these at great prices... if I had a choice and all things being equal I would pick a forged lower.  But I have no fears with these.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw a guy selling a an EA carbine for 750 bucks one time.  it had a collapsible stock and everything but it was in rough shape.  the lower seemed to have chips in some places and they didn't look like the AR lowers I was used to, so I passed on it.  it looked real cheap.  I don't know if this is the norm, but I didn't like the looks of them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My EA lowers are gorgeous, especially the one that was refinished by Lauer...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top