Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2004 8:58:36 PM EDT
I went out shooting today, had an eotech 551 on the M4 and bushnell holosight on the FAL. it was a bit bright, even though i was shooting at around 6pm. i noticed the eotech was washing out bigtime, to where i could BARELY see the dot at 50 yards on the paper, while the bushnell was bright and clear as day.

It looks nice and bright against a dark background, the same as the bushnell, but out on the range i cant see anything and i have to aim it at something dark and "walk" it over. the bushnell looks nice and crisp over the paper.

i put in a brand new set of batteries right then and there with no change.

something is obviously wrong. anybody have any suggestions? does eotech repair sights for 2nd owners?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Something is wrong with your EOthingy. I live in AZ where we have enough sunlight to jump start a nuclear reactor. I've yet to have a need to go to the highest brightness setting.

SD
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Second that, I shoot out in Northern CA and now it's as bright as the desert out and 100+ every day.  I still have to click my thingy down 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had the Eotech sort of washout in really bright conditions twice in Texas(Not bright enough to easily distinguish the center 1 MOA dot from the background). Once during a tactical classe and once in a day tiem shooting.

The Sights been to Eotech and return with no problems found.

It is a model 512.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, now its completey screwed.  it just started changing levels on its own then shutting off.

man i hate mail in repairs!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
THey will take care of repairs very quickly.

Eotech has very good service, all you have to do is call and get an RMA # and then send it in.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top