Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/26/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT
howdy,

i would like to mount an eotech 512 (the long AA battery one) on my m4gery but i want to put it on a 1/4" riser like the YHM-220 to get it over the front sight post a little bit.
i already have an ARMS 40L back up iron sight , and i dont want to elevate that.
so my question is, could the riser be put in front of the BUIS, or will it hit the m4 handguards?
many thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:10:27 PM EDT
I have the setup you described (different BUIS, but everything else the same) on my work rifle, and have no problems.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:43:40 PM EDT
holy crap! thats some awesome looking gear you have there!!!hock.gif
thanks for your input, i wonder what BUIS you have? and how long it is? do you have any extra room on the rail once the buis and the riser are installed, or are you on the last notch?
thanks again !!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:26:20 PM EDT
We use the GG&G. I got the MAD one (the one w/ all the different sized apertures), and like it more than the regular ones w/ just the 2 apertures the team uses. I pretty much have no room left on my rail - it's all taken up. I'd stick with your ARMS BUIS if you already have it. It's a really good one, and will work just fine. I'd take more pics, but that rifle's at work, and I'm at home. I'm busy teaching new recruits patrol tactics for the next week, so no down time to snap pretty pics at work.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:46:09 PM EDT
thanks spdsynper,
no need to take any pics just for me, i think i will just order the riser and take a gamble. its on sale right now anyway for $32 from YHM
take care, have fun with the recruits!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:52:24 AM EDT
just ordered the same configuration last night up for my rifle, except i went with the 552 & ARMS #40A2 buis.

hurry up Mr. Postman!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:51:56 PM EDT
i ordered mine today. i called YHM and they said the YHM-220 riser is 4.93 inches long, so it will not interfere with the m4 handguards when mounted in front of a buis. the eotech is 5 inches long. i hope it works well,
agreed, hurry up post man!!!!!!
Top Top