Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/22/2004 9:10:45 PM EST
I have looked through every post that I can find and I havn't found the answer. I want to mount a bushmaster fixed rear sight behind a newley acquired eotech. I want the use the stock front sight tower. I want to be able to see the whole eotech reticle without interference from the back and front sights. Is this called lower 1/3 cowitness? Will some half inch spacer blocks get me to the right height? Basically I want to be able to use the eotech and if it poops, just be able to put my nose on the charging handle and shoot as I normally would. If sombody has this setup, tell me what you think and, if possible, include pics.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:35:00 PM EST
No. The 1/2 inch risers will place it too high. The Larue QD mount is the only thing I know of that will allow the 1/3 cowitness.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:39:00 PM EST
EOTechs do not poop. Just keep a spare supply of batteries after about a few hundred hours.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:41:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By niceguymr:
EOTechs do not poop. Just keep a spare supply of batteries after about a few hundred hours.

Nothing is poop proof.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:50:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:33:49 AM EST

Would the A.R.M.S. # 38 work
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:34:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/23/2004 6:38:22 AM EST by rvb]

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:

There is only one answer to your problem, the LaRue Tactical EOTech mount. .....

I have this same setup, purchased from Grant (who was excellent to work with).
It's absolutely perfect. Shoot w/ the EOTech, then turn it off to practice w/ irons.
I only wish the irons sat back a little somehow... nose the charging handle isn't quite what it used to be.... too bad the LMT BUIS doesn't fit w/ the Larue EOTech mount...
rvb

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:58:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By huck:
I have looked through every post that I can find and I havn't found the answer. I want to mount a bushmaster fixed rear sight behind a newley acquired eotech. I want the use the stock front sight tower. I want to be able to see the whole eotech reticle without interference from the back and front sights. Is this called lower 1/3 cowitness? Will some half inch spacer blocks get me to the right height? Basically I want to be able to use the eotech and if it poops, just be able to put my nose on the charging handle and shoot as I normally would. If sombody has this setup, tell me what you think and, if possible, include pics.

Are you saying that you CAN NOT see the EOTech reticle through your BUIS? I have an EOTech mounted directly to my flat top with an ARMS 40A and I can see my reticle through the rear peep sight with no problem. I really don't see where you have a problem. Unless you want 1/3 lower BUIS, your set up should work fine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:15:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:11:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By strick909:
Unless you want 1/3 lower BUIS, your set up should work fine.

That's what he wants. The irons in the lower third.

As for the ARMS #38, Grant has already told you it won't work. Isn't the #38 more expensive than the Larue mount? Why ask for a piece of gear that won't work and costs more when we have already suggested to you a piece of equipment that will work and costs less?

Just get the Larue. I promise you won't be sorry.
Top Top