Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 2:34:42 AM EDT
ok,i'm open to suggestion here. what's the best mounting option, in everyone's opinion, for the eotech 552? i've always had mine mounted in place of the carrying handle, but i've also seen it mounted on the front rail, which i like for the aimpoint and the trijicon reflex 2,but never tried it with my eotech. what are some of the advantages/disadvantages of both, in reference to handling, target acquisition, etc? any input would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
btt because I want to know also.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Good question. One I'd like to see some opinion on.  I have a Colt 6920 with a KAC FF RAS on the front. I like the carry handle, and am considering mounting an EO on the RAS and keeping the handle as an "always up" iron.  Hope you get some responses!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Mount it forward on the BOTTOM RAIL!

This will keep it out of the way of your IRON SIGHTS!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If by "rear" you mean "on the upper receiver", then I'd say "rear". But I've used them both in a forward position and rearward, and the sight works great. Only thing about mounting it forward: It screws up the balance of the gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mount it forward on the BOTTOM RAIL!

This will keep it out of the way of your IRON SIGHTS! hr

Uhhh... yeh, whatever.  But anyway, Jackt308, I'm going to try to send some rounds downrange in the forward mounted configuration next week. I'll let you know how it goes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top