Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2003 8:30:12 AM EDT
Guys- Tried to search because I am sure this question has been asked and answered.

I have a eo-tech 551 which I mounted ahead of an ARMS #40 on a flat top carbine. I have a fixed front sight. My uneducated idea was that the dot on my eo should be centered in and at the top or float slightly above the center of my front post. It seems that the outer ring should be roughly centered in my rear sight. This should all line up, correct?

I also notice that the eo outer ring is just slightly smaller than and fits perfectly within the small aperture on my arms #40. Pretty cool. It seems to me that my cheek weld/ eye position should be identical and very repeatable, resulting in precise shooting if I put the dot of my eo on my front sight post in the same location every time. Am I correct in this assumption? I have only been to the range once with this set up and I think I had a slight issue with sight movement. CQB drills were a rip roaring good time though!

Thanks, dg.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:14:31 AM EDT
First with your 551 turned off, you pop up the #40 and sight it in at 50 yards, be sure your cheek weld is always the same. the nose to charging handle is a good method. then you turn on the 551 and adjust the red dot to the tip of the front sight using your rear sight to confirm alignment. the shoot with the red dot to confirm zero, you might have to do some fine tuning to get the dot just right. remember at 25 or less, you can basically just use the 65MOA circle and pop the chest size target with amazing speed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:17:40 AM EDT
Thanks SMGlee, if it ever quits raining I'm going back to the range. dg.
Top Top