Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 6:40:17 AM EST
Was wondering if anyone had opinions on hte elcan spect scope.

also what colors do they come in ? I saw a pic of one mounted that was OD. However, their pic on the website looks more tan or coyote brown than anything else. Do they come in different colors ?

How do people like the scope do far ? bright ? clear ? Its $1500, and I'm seriously considering buying it sight unseen from a EE vendor.

How is mounting ?

Thanks for the help and opinions !
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:28:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 11:34:33 AM EST by Fenian]
There's a very long thread about this optic on the last page...you might want to read that...there is some *very* good info there from a guy at Elcan. Or, shoot Mike @CSGunworks an email...he's getting some in this week, hopefully. I guy named Hepcat has one, but he posted that he's gonna sell it in favor of something a little longer range. You could try emailing him. (assuming he's not the guy who has it on the EE lol...I looked for it, but never saw it there).

It uses a built in ARMS mount, so it should be good to go. Bear in mind that *some* ARMS mounts loosen up over time; I would NOT be mounting/unmounting this optic a lot based on that. I have one ARMS mount that is loose on one particular rifle, but it's fine on all the others I have.

I ordered one of these myself from CS. Hopefully I'll have mine withing a week or so, and I can give you some first hand info.

I've looked through a couple of Elcans, and I have to say the glass is *amazing*. If the DR is as good as their previous models that I've seen first hand, you wont' be disappointed there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:00:25 PM EST
I don't like the external elevation and windage adjustments, it's also rather bulky compared to the light and smaller 4x32 ACOGs.
I have one on order, when I get it y'all can expect lots of sight picture pics
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:26:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By Duffy:
I don't like the external elevation and windage adjustments, it's also rather bulky compared to the light and smaller 4x32 ACOGs.
I have one on order, when I get it y'all can expect lots of sight picture pics

Cant be compared to the 4X ACOG. More comparable to the 1-4X variables. The external adjustments dont ever need to be adjusted so I wonder how big an issue that REALLY is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:33:35 AM EST
I'm sure all ELCAN scopes are already zero'd out of the box for all rifles, it then should not need any windage and elevation adjustment at all
Top Top