Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 7:56:08 AM EDT
so far, ive tried soem lake city, lback hills, winchester wally world stuff, umc, and wolf. all of this was 55gr fmj. the black hills is very nice but its expensive.  
the lake sity takes second place but theres quite a gap between the two.
wahts a good ammo for target with a price somewhere in between these two?
what about for 308?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Black Hills blue box is hard to beat. It is cheaper than the red box stuff but is still very good ammo. Remember, you are getting 50 rounds of Black Hills per box instead of 20, so it really isn't all that expensive when you do the math.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah i guess your right.  its not that bad.
what about the igman stuff?  although its not too much less than the blue box.  i just thought there must be some that i am overlooking.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are not shooting competitively save your money and use Wolf ammo.  It is dependable and reasonably consistant.  It won't ruin your rifle!

For .308 get some of the Aussie ammo, it's rated quite well on the FalFiles.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top