Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2008 5:38:07 PM EDT
do you guys trust the acogs sold on ebay..? are they authentic? is there a chance someone would sell a knock off for a high price..? i have seen pictures of GREAT acog fakes.. Any stories of getting ripped off from there or other places? ALL the fishing shit i bought off ebay was good stuff .. just checking, 1000 dollars is a lot to me.. THANKS
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
E-Bay is like the proverbial box of Forest Gump chocolates. "You never know what your going to get".

Make sure there is a return policy set up and they accept paypal or credit card payments. That way you have recorse available.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
If the seller's feedback is big and over 98%, it should be fine. Most fakes are rather obvious and marked as such, but still, buyer beware.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Out of curiosity what model Acog?
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

any model in general.. i would like a 3.5 or 4x, so those are the ones i look at..
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#5]
for ACOGs - I'd just get them from a dealer.  I'll buy lots of things from eBay - but I'm done getting ACOGs from there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

any model in general.. i would like a 3.5 or 4x, so those are the ones i look at..

Just asking because many can be had for $1000 or less from reputable dealers.

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it is MOSTLY safe if you buy it from a "store" on E-bay, as opposed to a private seller. Just make sure that return policy and some form of recourse is in place. As stated already, make sure they have many transactions and at least 98% feedback.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
for ACOGs - I'd just get them from a dealer.  I'll buy lots of things from eBay - but I'm done getting ACOGs from there.

any reason you wont buy acogs off ebay anymore..?
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought my Acog from Ebay with the Cash back program.  I first went to Trijicon's website and obtained info on what to look for in a true Acog product.  I then researched the sellers info and his status.  I bought with no problems and my Acog is Authentic and a current version.  When I say current, I am talking about the change in the fiber optic materials used by Acog so they wont crack as seen on Acogs in the past.  I learned this from their site also.

TA31RCO-M4CP: 4x32 Trijicon ACOG

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't buy an acog off of ebay but I did buy my aimpoint off there for about $100 cheaper than anywhere else. If you know what you are looking for and know what model you want then it's not that big of a deal. I have bought a ton of stuff off of ebay and I have never had a problem. But for a big purchase such as this I would say buy from a store on ebay and pay with paypal.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to Live.com I got an TAO1NSN in perfect condition for something like $400 on Ebay.

You can find good sellers and good deals on Ebay. A lot of the junk has crappy pictures or ridiculously low prices.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#13]
100% Feedback is worthless.   Fraudsters build up their feedback selling $5 items, then they sell a $500 item, you never get your goods.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a TA31F ACOG from a private seller on Ebay. It was legit and in very good condition.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#15]
you know.. I have no issues buying anything off ebay.  If you're good at shopping the bay, know exactly what you're looking for, properly research the product, and know what to avoid, you should have almost zero problems and good transactions on there. Don't shop for something on ebay that you don't know anything about.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#16]
One idea for you is that ACOGs have serial numbers.
I found an eBay TA31 (Donut) last year and before buying it, I asked the seller for the serial number.  After emailing them the serial, Trijicon was able to verify the build date and I went through with the sale.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my Ta31-RCO M4CP off ebay.  I was also nervous about it.  I asked the seller what was the lenses looked like, and if there was anything wrong with it.  He said lenses looked good only problem was a small scratch in the finish near the cable that holds the adjustment caps.  I got it for $900 shipped as upposed to $1100 at local stores.  Besides the MINOR cosmetic scratch everything on it looked brand spankin new, and it came with all of the goodies a new one would have.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top