Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 9:01:47 AM EDT
Is there such a thing?  I have a M3 for my G22 and I know that that would be the easiest light for on/off capabilities.  However, I've got a G2z that I'd rather use on the AR.  But, I carry the G2z everyday while the AR mostly sits in the safe.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
This probably isnt what you want to hear, but the best idea is not to use the G2Z as a weapon mounted light. The handheld lights are not built to handle the effects of recoil.

Having said that, you might be able to use a standard 1" mount on the rearward portion of the G2Z. I dont know for sure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well.........Hell.

I wanted the power of the G2z type light  without the cost.

For now, looks like I'll have to settle for the M3.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The M3 is not going to be as bright as a G2Z with the high output P61 bulb. With the P61, the G2Z will be putting out 120 lumens. The G2Z using its standard P60 low output bulb will put out about 60 lumens. The M3 is capable of about 60 lumens, max. I know it is advertisd higher, but its bull. Even still, the Surefire beam, even with the 60 lumen P60 bulb, will be more perfect and without the imperfections you can see in the M3 light.

On top of this, I consistently hear reports of M3's not holding up. I read a lot of people saying they do too. All this means to me is that there's a lot of inconsistency in their product.

I dont know, I just think if you're going to do something, do it right. Otherwise why do it at all? No one is coming close to making anything as durable, modular or as useful as the Surefire.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top