Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 8:08:43 AM EDT
if i shot my ar and the dust cover was shut would it shoot and the cover would open....JOE
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll open when your rack the charging handle to chamber the first round.  But if you closed it again after that, yes, the bolt carrier will pop it open when you fire the first round.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Joe,

PLEASE get someone in your area who is experienced to take you to a range and shoot the AR.  The Black Rifle will become simple to understand and use. Until then hold off on the BLASTIN'.  I intend no disrespect.  Education and training are necessary.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if i shot my ar and the dust cover was shut would it shoot and the cover would open....JOE
View Quote

OK.
Look on the right side of he bolt carrier. See the about 1" oval shaped indention with 2 holes in it?

This groove is their for the rounded protruding piece in the center of the ejection port cover.
It rides inside the groove. When charged, the bolt carrier will ride along the till the center piece of the ejection door cover hits the edge popping it open. Same if the door is closed and you fire a round.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top