Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2013 2:53:02 PM EDT
my psa upper flash cover wont close because the detent is stuck in.  how do I get it un stuck?

do i need to order a new dust cover?  only shot it 2-3 times since got it from PSA
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try a couple drops of oil and give it a few smacks with something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

tried that.  what is the small hole next to the detent
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Send an email off to PSA and let them know about it.
I am sure that they will drop another one in the mail for you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
my psa upper flash cover wont close because the detent is stuck in.  how do I get it un stuck?

do i need to order a new dust cover?  only shot it 2-3 times since got it from PSA

Oil it heavily, then hold it closed and release it, allowing it to open open under spring force. Do this a couple of times and the impact of it hitting against the lower receiver should loosen it up and pop it back out. Be sure to place a very thin, but firm piece of cardboard where it impacts unless you don't mind it wearing on the anodizing. If that doesn't work, heat it and retry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

tried that.  what is the small hole next to the detent

I believe that hole is an oil hole.Maybe try a needle in that hole to try to get it to move?But like the guy above
me said,send an e-mail to PSA and they should take care of you.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top