Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2003 1:06:01 PM EDT
I'm in the beginning stages of building a m4 for tactical entry use.  I've decided to go with the A.R.M.S.  SIR system and really want to run dual lights and a laser.  I'd like to hook up a light on either side and the laser on the under side.  I will be mounting the Knights Armament fore grip.  Here's my question.  What dual lights should I run?  What laser?  How can I hook these together to run off of 1 or 2 pressure pads? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you want two lights? Have you thought about how much all this is going to weigh?

Why not just get one bright light with a dimmer set of LED's like the Surefire M-900?

You kill two birds with one stone with this configuration as well. You get light and a vertical grip.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=182234&w=searchPop[/url]

[url][email protected][/url]

Welcome to AR15.COM!

[:D][wave]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response!  I believe you're right.  That would be the better choice by far.  I had looked at the M900's before, but thought they were a little pricey for the set-up.  Although, I didn't realize they came with the LED.....cool factor!  After thinking about it I'd have more in the dual set-up and handle, plus I'd have to mess with the nasty wires hanging.

I've sent him an email to see if he has any....hope so.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Brad,

Check your IM.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
M900 and OTAL on top.  Attach the tape switch from the OTAL with "ranger bands" and your done.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Two lights gives you redundancy (two is one and one is none) but start to get heavy.  I have been know to add a 952 to my carbine with the M900 when in need of extra exercise [;)].

Someone (I think it was new-arguy) once suggested a turbo head light in addition to your regular M900 to really reach out and touch someone.  That would be cool, but [i]really[/i] heavy....
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top