Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:30:00 PM EDT
a device that you could put into an AR to dry-fire it. It would re-cock the hammer with little movement of the charging handle. Any one remember or know what the link was or where to buy one?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.creedmoorsports.com/C1051.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You very much, uvalaw2005.
exactly what I was looking for.
Anyone had any experience with these?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one that is shaped identically, but is molded from black plastic.  I ordered mine from Fulton Armory (the only thing I could afford from them [:)]).

I like mine, but the general consensus around here seems to be that dry-firing the AR does not damage it and things like this are a waste of money where it is regarded.

Possible firing pin/hammer damage aside, I like it mainly for the short stroke involved to recock the hammer, and that the dry-fire device also acts as a safety "lock" of sorts due to the fact that even if you load up the rifle and chamber a round, if you have this thing in the bolt carrier the rifle will not fire until you remove it.  However, it does make for an amusing time at the range if you forget to take it out before attempting to fire......not that I have ever done this [noclue].

Is it worth it?  I don't know.  If I had found this page first, I probably wouldn't have bought one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL! Can't imagine that happening.

GunslingerAR, thanks for the input. I am still contemplating whether or not to get one. As you stated, it doesn't take much to re-cock it.
Want to sell your's?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Naaaah.  I DID have to think about it for a second though.
Since I already HAVE it I am too attached.  [:)]

I do recommend looking for it at a gun show/gun store before paying shipping on it.  If you can't find one there, don't bother.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one.  Use it almost every day.  No problems with it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top