Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 12:06:48 PM EDT
on the 14.5 with phantoms, does Bushy pin or solder?  thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
On 14.5" barrels with the Mini-Y comps, they are pinned and welded.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Bushmaster 14.5 with a Phantom that is both pinned and welded over the pin.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I just popped one off last week to put a KX3 Flash Suppressor on.
It was just pinned use these same instructions Remove your MINI-Y Comp brake at the bottom of the page!
I cut on both sides and then I used the chisel to split it completly into two complete halfs, it fell apart and I didnt have to do anything to the pins.
I think they also use locktight which would not let me start the threads with the KX3. I had to wire wheel it clean gently!
Hope this helps.
Dont forget to take to a gunsmith and let him make your new replacment permanent to keep within the laws. Taking it off myself, saved me about I figure 45 bucks.
*Edited for slightly improved engrish!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
when you guys got those barrels how did you change the front sight and what did you end up using????? I'm in CT and like these bbl's, but want to have options open for diff sights!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top