Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 1:04:54 PM EDT
Hey guys  i found a pic of a doctoro optic sight .  It was on an mp5 and it looked small.   I really like it because it was very unobtruse.   Can you guys give me some insight on this sight.

thanks brian
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The Docter is a solid sight.  It has very long battery life and a clear bright dot.  The brightness adjusts automatically and shows up well in all but extream conditions like bright snow covered days.  It is not H2O proof but will work even when flooded.   It's most popular application around here is as a CQB sight on top of a trijicon TA01 nsn but it works well alone.  It can be mounted on an ARMS throw lever base to cowitness.  All in all, if it is a primary red dot sight you are looking for you might be better served with an Aimpoint or eotech  because they are sealed and likely more durable.  but the docter is not a bad sight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Best price I have found is

Sportsmans guide

you can use these coupons for further reductions

SPG1561 - $5.00 off $50.00 or more - expires 31 Mar 05
SPG1536 - $10.00 off $100.00 or more - expires 31 Mar 05
SPG1387 - $10.00 off $100.00 or more - expires 30 Nov 04
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for mounting on pistols too. Its kind of a large dot for use on a rifle though. 7 MOA IIRC. Good backup, long battery life too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
They have both 3.5 MOA and waterproof versions available.  Newer versions are brighter and have longer battery life.  Its tiny, light weight, requires a battery change only every couple of years and self adjusting.

Negatives are it must be resighted if you change batteries, is not night vision compatable and the only way to turn it "off" is to put on a protective hood which can easily become lost.  If you dont leave the hood on it will drastically shorten battery life.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one with the 3.5 dot on a Glock and like it a lot.  Very fast on a handgun, might be a bit small for a primary rifle sight (I would use a EOtech or Aimpoint there).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top