Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2005 6:13:28 AM EDT
I just purchased both a full set of tango down rail covers and a viking tactical drop down flashlight holder, I did not notice but do I have to cut it in half to mount the FLH? BTW I am using a YHM FF carbine length.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some guys that trims it and sands it smooth.

Tango Down is making them in three sizes now according to the thread link below, look at member ARMRER's post.

The sizes are 6", 3 3/4" and 2 7/8".

They are available in Black, USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth, and Olive Drab Green.

Ref thread link
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
i cut mine to accomodate my bi-pod and mount

i just cut it and sanded it smooth

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
"sand it"? are they hard or something, I thought they were rubber-like.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"sand it"? are they hard or something, I thought they were rubber-like.

They are hard.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Tango Down is making them in three sizes now according to the thread link below, look at member ARMRER's post.

Ref thread link

Are there any dealers that are stocking the different sizes? Anyone have a price breakdown? TD's site makes no mention of them...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#6]
When you cut them it is best to use a small mitre box and saw.  That way the edges are even and they don't get overly dicked up.  The sanding is to smooth out the rough cut.  You can also round of the outer edges if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Off topic but is that a UMP or a knockoff and where can I get one
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Just cut them. I use an exacto and a small piece of medium grit sandpaper. Not hard to do. It's a piece of plastic, we ain't talking walnut stock here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ref thread link

Are there any dealers that are stocking the different sizes? Anyone have a price breakdown? TD's site makes no mention of them...

I haven't seen any from any major sellers at the EE yet.

You could contact SMGLee because he sells them and he's near the factory.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just cut them. I use an exacto and a small piece of medium grit sandpaper. Not hard to do. It's a piece of plastic, we ain't talking walnut stock here.

what the hell kind of exacto do you have??????

the tango down panels are plenty thick and hard to be cutting with an exacto, maybe some magpuls but not the td's
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it's an Exacto light saber
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it's an Exacto light saber

has to be!

my wescog special dremel had a hard time doing the job
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Mitre Box, then lightly Dremel all the cut-edges to be rounded rounded (like the original end).

It'll take you 10 minutes, tops.

Keep the scraps...they come in handy for small places.
You can keep them from sliding around by trapping a rubber grommet between the cover and the rail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top