Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 10:43:03 AM EDT
I have 2 of the sharp ass breach face barrels that don't work. Just wondering of they have the old style kuehl breech face out yet, preferably in the pistol barrels. I cannot see it it on the site.

BTW its not the extractor, ammo, mags or anything else. The only time Ive had problem is with the sharp breach face taccom barrels. I cant take the BCG and mags run any ammo available in my 15 yo kuehl uppers and they work. I just want a lighter option for the kids.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#1]
We've gone away from the tapered breech face.....I personally lied it better, but the timing to everything just right was time consuming....and it had to be perfect or it didn't work right.

Tim
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
so the pics on the site are wrong?

they still shot the pistol barrels with the taper
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so the pics on the site are wrong?

they still shot the pistol barrels with the taper
View Quote

Yes....my bad....need to change that.    feel free to beat me

Tim
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That's odd.
All 4 of my "Sharp Assed" Breech Faced barrels run just fine.

If you had issues, did you contact Taccom about the problem?

Dave N
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's odd.

All 4 of my "Sharp Assed" Breech Faced barrels run just fine.

If you had issues, did you contact Taccom about the problem?

Dave N
View Quote
I know your barrels are fine, mine are not. yes Tim tried to help me.

Kinda got it to working but I'm sick and tired of it not being able to run like my kuehls can- kids don't like it and I have to spend time clearing them. If the rounds hit just a little off that sharp breach face, it digs into the lead, on the kuehl it might dent the bullet, but it will still feed.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Evidently......you gave up, because we'd make it right. If I don't hear of a problem.....I think it's been solved.

If you are not happy with them.....please keep me honest and get them back here. We will take care of you.....period.

There is no try......we do it till you are happy.

Tim
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Evidently......you gave up, because we'd make it right. If I don't hear of a problem.....I think it's been solved.

If you are not happy with them.....please keep me honest and get them back here. We will take care of you.....period.

Tim
View Quote
Im not blaming you at all, and I know you will take care of it.

I bought what I bought, just want something that has a different design. and I see you now have it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bought what I bought, just want something that has a different design. and I see you now have it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tim

And what is it that is so different and also is now available?

Ted
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tim
View Quote

I am a customer, and I am glad to hear that.

All of my stuff from you guys works perfectly, but its good to know that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tim

Ted

These are CMMG barrels, but I think it is the same principle.

left is the tapered, right is the flat.

ON a side note, I kinda wish the taccoms had the channel for the detent on the chamber end, like the CMMG.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]
We believe that the pressure plug does more for keeping the college up against the breach face than using a groove and detent. Plus there are other benefits as well, such as adding a cushion effect so that your bolt assy doesn't batter your upper.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We believe that the pressure plug does more for keeping the college up against the breach face than using a groove and detent. Plus there are other benefits as well, such as adding a cushion effect so that your bolt assy doesn't batter your upper.
View Quote

While it is good business to follow the old rule "the customer is always right,"
I have to side with Tim of Taccom on this issue of barrel extensions. The photo
showing the bullet nose damage is a tad bit more than normal, but in reality, the
beveled breech is not likely to solve that problem. As I see it, the collar's ramp
is too low and the bullet's nose strikes the flat of the breech as it attempts to
enter the chamber.

I prefer working with flat faced breech barrel extensions because that flat, which
causes the hang up, can be eased without causing case rim blowouts. The chamber must
be free of burrs and the breech face eased to meet the top of the collar's ramp. I'm sure
Taccom knows how to do this as it is a simple process that armorers have been doing
for decades, especially with semi-automatic guns.

After I remove the sharp face a tiny bit at a time, I load a magazine with the blue dummy rounds
and test chamber each one, keeping the white lettering up when loading, then closely examine
each dummy as it is ejected. If there is still a nick on the bottom of the nose then I make a
determination if it is safe to remove more material or just polish. But beware, if the ramp is too low
easing the edge won't work.

Ted
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
OP, Are you using the Taccom collar that came with the barrel?

Dave N
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

OP, Are you using the Taccom collar that came with the barrel?

Dave N
View Quote
yes, and running one of the conversions with Tims extarctor, other is the original ceiner from that asshole JAC

I want a flat breech as you can correct problems with ammo by opening up the top of the chamber on a flat breech, you cannot with the beveled. You cannot really change the ramp angle.

CCI mini mags work the best, as well as the CCIblazer but you can see they are iffy. Other rounds will not feed at all, they basically hit the ramp, then get caught on the sharp edge. Im just tired of dealing with it

My kuehl barrel has the upper of the chamber ever so slightly rounded so that when round hit the ramp at different angles (due to the bullet shape) they will still make it in. Thats why I want a flat breech.

the issue is the sharp angle, I want 100% reliability and I know my kuehl will do that. I also want light weight so I will get a ULW barrel and have the best of both.

BTW I tried to use the Kuehl adapter with tims kit but it doesn't matter.

Tims a great guy, has a product that works really well for some, I want something different hence my question.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top