Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:15:49 PM EDT
I'm something of a newbie but I've done a substantial amount of research before buying my first AR.  I'm deciding between several RRA models but I have questions about the handle/mount options.  I have no interest in the carry handle.  If the detachable came with the assembled rifle I decide upon then I will probably have it off most of the time.

Options offered by Eagle for most rifles include the flat top, the tactical mount, detachable handle and Dominator EOTech.  What is the difference between the tactical mount and the flat top?

I plan on buying optics in the near future but don't know what I want yet.  I doubt I will go with EOTech so the Dominator isn't of interest.  Will there be any necessary additions to the flat top or the tactical mount to accomodate most standard optics?  Is there any advantage to one over the other?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
ttt
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh.... thanks.

Any more meaningful information?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#4]
ttt
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought an Entry Tactical. I got the Tactical mount instead of the Carry handle. I didn't know about Dominator when I got my AR. I thought that the Tactical handle would be more versatile because you could mount a  sight on top of the rail or take the mount off and place a sight on the rail of the upper. I didn't find the Carry Handle useful.

The Dominator handle was design specifically wo co-witness with the Eotech site because if you remove the Carry or Tactical handle you wouldn't have a rear sight unless you put an aftermarket sight on it.

There are just too many options for the AR. Try to determine your future needs of the rifle and purchase according. I'm pretty happy with my Tactical handle, but I wished that I had gotten the Dominator handle because I'm am leaning towards the Eotech.

I hope that this helps.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
the tactical mount is the heaviest, ugliest piece of worthless steel.

go with either the dominator for the eotech or just a std. carry handle. if its cheaper go with neither.

try and search tactical handle or tactical carry handle
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.  I've decided against the tactical mount after reading mostly negative reports here and it doesn't seem to serve much purpose.  I'm going to go with either a flat top or the detachable handle until I get my optics squared away.

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top