Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2014 8:55:44 PM EDT
Hi,

I was installing the front takedown detent/spring tonight. For whatever reason i put in the detent first and cannot get it out. Any idea??

My lower is an aero precision .308 lower, no vent hole either. i don't know that to do
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If you cannot get it out any other way, make you a simple electromagnet that'll fit the drilled hole to get it out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you cannot get it out any other way, make you a simple electromagnet that'll fit the drilled hole to get it out.
View Quote

WTH???? Hell yeah I'm gonna try. Thanks...I'll report in a bit
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

didn't work
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
You've tried banging it out?  Careful of the pin ears.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Squirt it full uf Powder blast then keep banging it on the bench till it comes out?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You've tried banging it out?  Careful of the pin ears.
View Quote

yup didn't work either
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Cut your spring, put a new detent on top of that, and forget about it.  Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cut your spring, put a new detent on top of that, and forget about it.  Not a big deal.
View Quote

just tap the stuck detent pin to go all the way back, then shorter spring with new detent?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a small dril bit that will go up inside the spring and twist it in place by hand until you catch an edge and can pul it out or make a tiny hook with a wire and run it in there.

Greg
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Take a small dril bit that will go up inside the spring and twist it in place by hand until you catch an edge and can pul it out or make a tiny hook with a wire and run it in there.

Greg
View Quote

The pin is in there not the spring
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top