Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/11/2014 8:55:44 PM EDT
Hi,

I was installing the front takedown detent/spring tonight. For whatever reason i put in the detent first and cannot get it out. Any idea??

My lower is an aero precision .308 lower, no vent hole either. i don't know that to do
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:35:43 PM EDT
If you cannot get it out any other way, make you a simple electromagnet that'll fit the drilled hole to get it out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:38:24 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-4C:
If you cannot get it out any other way, make you a simple electromagnet that'll fit the drilled hole to get it out.
View Quote

WTH???? Hell yeah I'm gonna try. Thanks...I'll report in a bit
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:04:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-4C:
View Quote

didn't work
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:27:36 AM EDT
You've tried banging it out? Careful of the pin ears.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:15:39 AM EDT
Squirt it full uf Powder blast then keep banging it on the bench till it comes out?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By backbencher:
You've tried banging it out? Careful of the pin ears.
View Quote

yup didn't work either
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:14:11 AM EDT
Cut your spring, put a new detent on top of that, and forget about it. Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:07:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
Cut your spring, put a new detent on top of that, and forget about it. Not a big deal.
View Quote

just tap the stuck detent pin to go all the way back, then shorter spring with new detent?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:44:11 AM EDT
Take a small dril bit that will go up inside the spring and twist it in place by hand until you catch an edge and can pul it out or make a tiny hook with a wire and run it in there.

Greg
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:56:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GLShooter:
Take a small dril bit that will go up inside the spring and twist it in place by hand until you catch an edge and can pul it out or make a tiny hook with a wire and run it in there.

Greg
View Quote

The pin is in there not the spring
Top Top