Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2011 8:06:13 PM EDT
So I'm aware this has probably been beat like a dead horse, but how are they? I'm between AR's right now and kinda thinkin about givin them a try. Seems to be a pretty cheap, but good alternative. Now I'm sure they're probably not on the level as bushmaster or somethin but I think they're worth the try. What say ye?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your budget?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is your budget?

Guess I don't really have one just looking to build a budget AR. Sort of a personal "goal" i guess you could call it. Build a good running AR for -$600 (going for a KISS type rifle).
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I have read they have a decent product.  I had ordered a 20" upper from them some time back but after a month of waiting I canceled the order and bought something else.  The wait was the only thing that kept me from buying something.  If you are looking at building a rifle for 600 you can make one for 609 with parts from AIM that they have in stock right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From what I have read they have a decent product.  I had ordered a 20" upper from them some time back but after a month of waiting I canceled the order and bought something else.  The wait was the only thing that kept me from buying something.  If you are looking at building a rifle for 600 you can make one for 609 with parts from AIM that they have in stock right now.

oh really..yeah i haven't looked around a whole lot, just kind of started recently with tax returns coming in and all. Thanks for the info I'll have to check around and see what's up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a light weight rifle kit from them and it's awesome! The parts were quality. The rifle went together easy and shoots 2MOA with crap ammo.
I ordered a lightweight middy upper with chrome lined barrel but I haven't shot it yet. I'm a believer in DelTon. Their CS is above average!  I say DelTon is GTG.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#6]
DelTon is great for their price point.
With that said, not much more will get you into a higher tier such as BCM.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've been waiting two months for my order, I thinking it will be the last.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been researching and concluded my dad and I are both going Del Ton for our first build
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Del-Ton rocks.

You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
My local fleet store has one in stock. Seems like a well built AR. If I had some extra cash I wouldn't mind picking up the Carbine they have on clearance for $650.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Plenty of Delton in my area.  Decent for the coins.  $600 is about as budget as it gets.  Basic AR's from any decent supplier should be fine,  accurate, and dependable.  Get some decent mags also.  Lots of people have Delton and are happy.  I've used their small parts with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:07:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Del-ton is GTG. Mine has run 100% thusfar.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:59:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Never bought a complete rifle from them but both my AR's have a bunch of their parts in them; no problems at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:57:06 AM EDT
[#14]
My neighbor, who isn't familiar with the platform and has asked for my help, has had nothing but trouble with his Del-Ton. Multiple bolt issues. He's currently working with them to solve the issues.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I put their 16" middy upper on my build - didn't use their BCG, but probably would next time.  Quite happy with it.  Didn't wait long at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Ive bought a lot of stuff from Delton, never had a problem. Nice guys.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:43:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I recently built a kiss rifle with a del-ton upper. Its been good to go so far. Very impressed with the quality thus fan.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

just by reading the reviews on their website, i think they have fixed this waiting problem. every review since early 2010 said that theres came in a week or so. Ive also read that they do have good customer service.

i too share the same goal as you and i am most likely going to try a del-ton build probably around the end of summer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I've had and have Bushmasters and I recently assembled a Del Ton M4. The Del Ton has some extras added to it and I prefer it. I'm sure if the extras were on the Bushmaster I'd like it as much too. I do get better groups at 100 yards with the Del ton. Inside 100 yards they are about the same.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#20]
G2G for a basic build.  No problems with my build and weapon performacne  

Not top shelf but great shooters.  Great business tranaction and industry partner.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#21]
You may consider waiting for the new Smith and Wesson M&P model coming out. It was announced at SHOT and is geared towards lower budget shooters backed by the S&W name.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I've built a few Delton rifles. Never had issues. Good customer service.
I'll always say though, for a serious rifle, get a quality , tested, BCG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I have several DelTon's and they are GTG, never had an issue, goes bang everytime.  I recently picked up a 16'' M4 1x7 Chrome Moly Vanadium (CMV) Chrome Lined Barrel Assembly with F-Marked Front Sight Base, M4 Feed Ramps and HPT & MPI Tested Bolt for $395.00!  I have nothing bad to say about DelTon and encourage people to buy one.  BCM is good and has professional grade uppers with HPT / MP Inspected Barrels that are Mil-Spec per MIL-B-11595E, a bare bones upper without an expensive handguard goes for $385.00.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#24]
out of the 3 carbines, and 2 rifles i have built, with a total of around 3000 rounds fired through them total, there have been no failure to fire, or failure to eject. no breakdowns either. i have ran my rifle fairly hard since getting it about 4 months ago and its a great shooter. no extras yet on either, just factory fresh. gonna get a good scope on the rifle and really see how she runs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I like Del-tons price point.  My first ar's were from them and I really can't fault the quality at all.  I was recently over on their forum and it looks like they're going to be putting out a .308 sometime this year.  If they keep the price reasonable I'm seriously thinking about picking one up depending on the specs when it arrives...

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Del-ton makes perfectly decent rifles. However, for not much more you can get a Spikes or build your own. You might not be able to build your own with better parts than the Del-Ton for any less than they charge, but if you don't own the tools it is not a bad solution. Personally, given prices these days, it's REALLY hard to beat the Spikes for price. There are other options. If you are willing to spend a bit more a Bravo Company build, or at least upper, is a good choice.

I have to say, my cousin's been using a Del-Ton for over a year now with no issues, fairly accurate, reliable, decent build quality and we haven't had a single problem with it. He got a basic M4 cut barrel with a pinned comp and yhm diamond rails covering a low profile gas block. The comp was done beautifully, you can hardly tell it was pinned. It wouldn't be my first choice, but if I needed factory AR's at a bargain price they would be a good option.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Deleted.  My first del-ton was great and has led to a second.  Just waiting for it to arrive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I got two on the way. I ordered about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anythign yet.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a complete rifle from DelTon and have had no problems with it. If I order another AR it will be a DelTon for sure. Their prices just cant be beat!
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Kind of a contradiction.  Budget or no budget ?  If you want a good inexpensive AR, Del-Ton is GTG.  I have an A2 HBAR and it's great.  If you want military grade go with BCM.  That's what I want for my next build.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a Delton upper, no problems. Fit and finish very good, matched well to my RRA lower . Didn't we have this discussion last month? Didn't a rep from Delton get involved and explain their production methods? and standards? Weren't a few eating crow after the rep made a couple comments? Hell, if the shit really hit the fan in the world I don't doubt that Delton would be pressed into service to help the DOD pick up the slack on AR production.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Screw it ––- i live in the same town as Cold Hand Arms ––-  i have an old lower that needs an upper.     The M4 kit with 1/9 twist is priced awesome.   The machine work and finishing on a DelTon lower i have is superior to my other AR's  (2 Rock Rivers and one Bushmaster) - fit and finish says nothing about reliability,  but i like the way it looks nonetheless.   It houses DPMS trigger parts with a Colt M16 upper and a BCM bolt and a no-name FA carrier. (a mutt, but a mutt with a little bit of pedigree and a retro flavor )

I'm going to try one of their kits very soon ––––   I have a handful of AR's already,  but nothing wrong with another one

If i were LEO i likely would opt for a 6920,  but i'm not.   I do know that you get what you pay for in this world,  but there is also a law of diminishing returns  and a lot of rifles sit pretty close to that apex.               This rifle will be a range toy and possibly the basis for a sweet lightweight varmint rifle (plus,  having a complete lower sitting around sans upper just bugs the crap out of me for some reason).      All i shoot is 55grain FMJ –– the 1/9 vs 1/7 argument is irrelavent for me.  I actually clean my rifles sometimes and dont use corrosive ammo –– so a chrome lined barrel is not necessary (although DelTon has barrels with 1/7 twist and chrome lined if someone needs them).   My local gunsmith knows how to use a MODOC tool if i dont like the looks of the stake job too

I dont pamper my "toys"  but i dont abuse them either with things like steel cased ammo and mag dumps for no reason.      I feel pretty certain the Del Ton will fit the parameters and expectations i want it to,   but if not ––- i'm out 500 bucks maybe?   I'll wait until the next congressional dust up about the 2nd amendment and sell it for $600 if i'm not happy with it.    

I'm guessing it won't give me a problem ––- they had an issue with their extractors or something a year or two ago,  but quickly got that sorted out.    I'll post up a range report when/if i do –––– but sadly my range report will likely include at least 50 rounds from the bench followed by a couple hundred rounds shoooting at cans and clay birds,  as well as a few rounds fired downrange at tannerite stuffed pumpkins.    Hardly the stuff some of the "operators" on the board are interested in,  but closer to the way 90% of the Ar's sold today are used

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Recently got this Del Ton M-4 kit in with the Spike's Lower.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I have 1 Delton and have experienced no issues to date.  Good rifle IMHO.  I would/will prob buy another without hesitation.  G2G and they are good people.

As most have said in the weekly DT threads, if you pay a few bucks more, you can get top shelf.  

This is a recording.............................
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Recently got this Del Ton M-4 kit in with the Spike's Lower.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/edhaney1/Guns/M4gery2-1.jpg

I also have a Del Ton M-4 kit on a Spike's Lower and love it

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/JPComanche87/AR/ARS-15.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top