has anyone else come across this?
there are the usual small dings but this ding isnt a ding
its bent
just curious
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Its funny that everyone finds dented or straight up bent casings in their XM193...I have shot Lot 4, 10, and now the whitebox Lot 7 and havent seen a single dent. Yes on dirty and crappy lookin compared to the Swiss stuff, but not a single ding or scratch in any case. Handloaded every round into mags myself, and never a FTE or unfired cartridge after 8-9k of the stuff. Weird.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Pics?

Edited to add: I believe you, I'm just wanting to see how bad it is.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope , have lot #10 and #13 looks just as good as my Q3131A stuff...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
At the first Michigan pit shoot my wife found one bad round of lot 11, out of the case we shot.

The shoulder was very messed up and pulled the neck over at an angle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like mine
i dont have a great camera and I took pics but they really suck at showing the detail
i wouldnt even think of shooting this one
its really bent
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Looking at various lots of my Lake City XM193, I've noticed that the QC on these isn't that great, as a good number of cases from each lot have various dings and dents. I find that the QC on the Win Q3131A is vastly superior. The Lake City that is sold to the general public might be factory second stuff, since dopey Bill Clinton passed that stupid law that forbids the miltary surplus ammo from being sold to the general public. That's why we have to get our mil surp ammo from overseas, because our own govt won't/can't sell it to us...what a waste!!

Someone should bring this up to Dubya and let him over-ride this quirky law so that we can give our own military some added $ support when it's time to unload some old ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top