Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 6:07:09 PM EDT
i started to mount the scope on the carry handle along with the delta cheekpiece. the problem is due to the needed eye relief, the cheekweld is extremely uncomfortable. this is my first ar build. the weapon is alot more fun to shoot with open sights. are there any open sights available that give a good 100 yard profile?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always try a red dot scope instead of the regular scope.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've enjoyed this setup. You can use both iron sights and red dot.
[img]http://home.nc.rr.com/blueshockey77/ar15.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
how does the red dot perform for 100 yard shots? if i retain the delta cheekpiece, i will need to mount the red dot on the carry handle. maybe i need to get the "long range" thought out of my head. i'm a benchrest shooter (bolt action).i have always wanted an ar and finally got one. can u suggest a mid-range (price) red dot? thanks for all the help. btw: cool weapon blue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The red dots work just fine for 100yd shots IMO. It won't be the same thing as a nice scope but you can easily hit targets at 100 with them. As far as choice goes, there are lots out there. I suggest that you go to the section that covers optics and read a little bit. Be prepared for mostly Aimpoint info though. [:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top