Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 7:51:44 PM EDT
i went to my gun dealers website and saw that he had a 24 inch bushmaster v-match for $811! my shorty ak was like $868. i should of just waited until i saw a better gun with a better deal. i feel so sick
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You did all right.
That V Match is a specialized weapon that would have required an expensive scope, bi pod, and match ammo to reach it's performance potential.
Unless all you want to do is punch small holes in paper, your AK is a better all around defense, plinking, have a good time rifle.

Besides it always happens like that.
Why do you think we have so many?

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Don't worry; I thought my 5.56 AR15 was fun to shoot until I bought my 7.62x39 AKM. I love to shoot it more, now. The AR is more accurate, and I still love it, but something about that 7.62x39 round is just fun to shoot. It's got a nicer kick and report to it. Plus for home defense, It's like a .45 slug vs a 9mm slug. The bigger, slower heavier bullet has more knockdown power at close range.

Be happy and have fun!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
[bs2]

I respect your views in every other aspect of your post it's all about having fun but that was a horrible analogy. 9mm doesn't travel at more then 5 times the speed of sound and doesn't fragment [;)]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
9mm doesn't travel at more then 5 times the speed of sound...
View Quote

If you have ammo that goes 5580 ft/sec, I want it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My only excuse was it was late [:P]

Ok the round is fast that's all I'll say to reduce further embarrassment....
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't worry; I thought my 5.56 AR15 was fun to shoot until I bought my 7.62x39 AKM. I love to shoot it more, now. The AR is more accurate, and I still love it, but something about that 7.62x39 round is just fun to shoot. It's got a nicer kick and report to it. Plus for home defense, It's like a .45 slug vs a 9mm slug. The bigger, slower heavier bullet has more knockdown power at close range.

Be happy and have fun!
View Quote

The 9 -v- 45 argument is moot unless you are using a non-expanding round. Your AR is the better choice for home defense.

Glad you are enjoying both rifles.
I wish I could convince myself to pick up a SAR-1.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Back to the original topic...Buy your gun, shoot your gun, love your gun, love shooting your gun, but don't look back and don't shop around afterwards.  There's always someone with a better price AFTER you buy it.  That actually goes with most things you want.  I know I got REAMED on my first AR purchace, but I think I've made it up with the rifles I built afterwards. [:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top